Mitsubishi i Interior Pictures

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell

These pictures are of the US version 2012 Mitsubishi i as opposed to the Mitsubishi i-Miev that is being sold around the rest of the world, including Canada. An easy way to tell is the arrangement of the heater controls - the 3 knobs are vertical where as in the Mitsubishi i-Miev the 3 knobs are horizontal.
For more differences between the Mitsubishi i and the Mitsubishi i-Miev read this article on the Mitsubishi i-Miev Forum home page.

Mitsubishi i steering wheel and dash
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-cockpit.jpg

Mitsubishi i Steering Wheel
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-steering-wheel.jpg

Mitsubishi i Shifter and heater controls
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-center-console.jpg

Trunk space in the Mitsubishi i
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-cabin-space.jpg

Cargo space in the Mitsubishi i with the rear seats folded down
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-rear-seat-down-2.jpg

View of the Mitsubishi i digital dash display
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-gauges.jpg

New way of thinking with the Mitsubishi i compared to a gasoline vehicle: pop the charge port door!
2012-mitsubishi-i-MiEv-charger-button.jpg

That looks awesome! I can't wait to get mine. It's going to be a long year waiting for it.

I wonder if it's possible to change out the steering wheel. I used to own an 08 Lancer GTS that had that same kind of steering wheel. It always felt a little big for my liking, and my current car - an 09 Lancer Ralliart - has a smaller one that I would rather like to continue to have in my i-MiEV.

Hi all . . .

I do think these shots of the i show a very spacious and well thought out interior. But what I'm wondering is if there are plans by Mitsubishi to eventually utilize materials for car interiors from sustainable sources. We've now got EVs coming to the marketplace that forgo the need of oil to get going. That's great. Yet almost all manufacturers of these clean-running vehicles still feature interior trim largely composed of conventional plastics, which of course is a petroleum product.

It's possible today to craft durable plastics from plant based products and - in much the same way we see reusable grocery bags being made - recycled plastics. I'd also like to see woven natural fabrics used instead of the ubiquitous vinyl-type materials for seat covering. We've finally gotten ride of oil to move the car. Now let's see if we can get rid of it in the interior cabin.

You must be talking about the Ford Focus Electric - Ford has incorporated lots of recycled/renewable products into the car, even including putting small air bubbles in some of the underbody plastic to make it lighter (think Aero candy bar).

Interesting note on the pictures of the Mitsubishi iMiev interior, since the US (and canadian) version of the Mitsubishi i is about 4 inches wider, Mitsubishi engineers decided to use the same dash parts to keep the cost down. All they had to do was put a small spacer on each side of the dash to fill the gap. If you look at the pictures above of the Mitsubishi i that show the dash, you'll see a 2 inch strip on each side that doesn't look out of place at all.

Back