2003 i concept

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
Rather, what I think the next i-MiEV should look like.

On the exterior, the main differences are larger wheel wells and skylights near the antenna above the windshield.

2003_Mitsubishi-i_Concept_2003-02.jpg

IMO, the windshield is too tall already - If you live where it's sunny most of the time, it's an enormous solar collector. I'd be happy to lose 5 or 6 inches of what we have now, rather than expanding it even further. I think the car would be even stronger in the event of a rollover - I don't need to be distracted by low flying airplanes! :lol:

Don

Then you wouldn't like the Model X. The windshield reaches back all the way to the falcon doors, but it is darkly tinted. Hey, prefect spot for 12 volt solar panels. After driving the i-MiEV, driving the Volt feels like a tank with the narrow windshield.

It's longer than the production model with a more Volt like hatch. This ought to offer much more interior space. It looks more aerodynamic, too.

Here are shots of the side and back:

2003_Mitsubishi-i_Concept_2003-06.jpg

2003_Mitsubishi-i_Concept_2003-04.jpg

HK, sorry to see it in that state. At least it isn't crushed.

Tigger, that picture at the Dropbox link looks exactly like the concept car I posted. If the info is correct, this is a concept/prototype built in 2003 for the original gas i.

Back