C-zero in Helsinki

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I wish we could've gotten those mag wheels in the US.

I've been wanting to black out my mirrors and door frames.

Thanks, yes, the Citroen has black mirrors and door frames, I have seen the same wheels in Mitsus around Europe, I don't know why the US model has not this option, IMO they look much better.
You're solar powered? I have been thinking about a little solar panel in the roof ( http://www.sunstore.co.uk/12v-5w-Polycrystalline-Solar-Panel-Semi-Flexible.html ) to charge the battery in winter since I have a 12v 200w cabin ceramic heater. In summer it can be switched to feed a couple of fans just like the prius has. Is it a crazy idea?

Nice! I bought a 2011 C-Zero just last week. I'll get it from the shop next week (they'll check for software and vacuum pump recalls and fix a couple of little dents). I'll be driving in mainly Espoo-Pori and to work in Lauttasaari, Helsinki too. See my blog kWsaki.com for more.

Yes, somebody from Citroen called me last week over this recall. I see you'll be doing lots of kms, upcoming winter is gonna be a challenge.
Does it have the Defa sisätilapistoke? You could isolate the heater like some guys have done here, it works. If you set the heater on all the trip, I don't think you gonna make it to Lauttasaari.
Good to know I'am not the only one driving electric out there. How many EVs in Finland? 150?

Heh, I bet they were completely unaware of the whole thing until I pointed it out them that they should check for recalls while they're making mine ready for delivery. :D Well, it's good that they're doing it. They also told me it'll take a couple of weeks for the parts to come from France. I also told them to install any firmware updates, if there are any. And remove the Seemoto tracking device it had.

Mine doesn't have "the plug" installed yet, but I might install one myself, possibly also an inline liquid heater, but to be able to make it to Pori from Espoo via Turku (there are enough quick chargers 50-80km apart), I'll be installing a Webasto gasoline heater. I have one right now in my DIY EV build (a 1997 Citroën Xsara), but I think I might not be using it much from now on, so I'll put it into the C-Zero.

Here's my baby:
c-zero.jpg

Cool. I've been thinking about the Webasto too, but I wouldn't like it to look this way: http://autoterm.pro/news/peugeot-ion-heater-instaled-norway/
I guess they set it up like that because of the lack of space. I'm still contemplating different options, 'cause is really a PITA to drive at -20c and notice the range dropping to half and still feel cold.

I will be installing a Webasto liquid heater into mine. I'll just tap into the existing heater liquid pipes. I'm even planning to use RE85 (85% bioethanol) instead of gasoline or diesel, so that I'll only have to use tinies bit of oil.

Back