Probably the only house on the planet with 2 IMIEVs

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clovi

Here is the picture from mine and my wife/daughter's IMIEVs charging in front of my house.
Sorry for the delay. I suppose to send this months ago. Very busy on the summer....
They are awesome, helping us a lot.The White one (Bianco) is now with almost 18000 miles , after 9 months (bought on 12/27/2012).
The Raspberry one (Vino) , bought on 04/27/2013, now with 3000 miles.
The white one is my commuter (horse!!), saving me a lot of gas (as I posted before , I'm basically paying the car with my gas savings).
I own both (didn't lease). Hope Mitsu send me some gift...
Hope, also , that Mitsu keep importing IMIEVs to US. :roll:

clovi,
It was close. Back in May 2013 I almost purchased a second one. I went to the dealer and got the 10K rebate then negotiated a bottom line price. Ready to sign the papers, then my wife decides to retire and we then realized we could get by with the one EV. Now I have to share :lol:
Great to see you with TWO!!

Congratulations!

It reminds me...

copas-uvas-vino-blanco-vino-tinto-400x269.jpg

To charge the two simultaneously would automatic power switch to cut the energy, I would have to increase my contract & power limit. :lol:

clovi said:
Here is the picture from mine and my wife/daughter's IMIEVs charging in front of my house.
I also have two i-MiEVs. We refer to ours as silver and purple.

I believe that member siai47 has two and a half i-MiEVs; one he owns, one he leases, and parts from a salvage i-MiEV.

I've got 2 1/2 at my house. A white SE (leased) and silver SE (owned) now with the premium package out of the white SE (owned and totaled) The front half of the totaled I-MiEV is like new and the back half is now cut off and gone---so there's the 2 1/2 I-MiEV's.

Here, in Estonia, many institutions have more than 2 iMievs. It is relatively easy to see 3 or more iMievs parked together.

iMievs at Viljandi Hospital:
elektriautod_007.jpg

iMievs of the Ämari military air base:
x-04724f5f-e20f-4a4b-95cc-d36275a8d7ec.jpg

joev said:
clovi,
It was close. Back in May 2013 I almost purchased a second one. I went to the dealer and got the 10K rebate then negotiated a bottom line price. Ready to sign the papers, then my wife decides to retire and we then realized we could get by with the one EV. Now I have to share :lol:
Great to see you with TWO!!
Cool. As I told , the cars are awesome! Looking for the third one when my son start to drive next year!!

siai47 said:
I've got 2 1/2 at my house. A white SE (leased) and silver SE (owned) now with the premium package out of the white SE (owned and totaled) The front half of the totaled I-MiEV is like new and the back half is now cut off and gone---so there's the 2 1/2 I-MiEV's.
Cool . Happy to know that I'm not alone !! Let's check what Mitsu will do on the future. Maybe the third one for my son??!!

I know it's none of my business, but are there building codes or something which prevent you from constructing a garage . . . . or at least putting up one of those metal self supporting double carports?

The very idea of owning a new car which must sit outside exposed to the elements 24/7 just kinda makes me sad - Let alone TWO brand new cars. I understand apartment dwellers who have no choice, but if you're the homeowner, getting some protection for those wonderful rides would be very high on my list

Don

Barbagris said:
To charge the two simultaneously would automatic power switch to cut the energy, I would have to increase my contract & power limit. :lol:
I'm charging with Level 2 and 1 , without problem. As we saw on the past, some folks complain about our 8 amp. connector , but with it, our cars can be charge almost anywhere! Thanks,

Don said:
I know it's none of my business, but are there building codes or something which prevent you from constructing a garage . . . . or at least putting up one of those metal self supporting double carports?

The very idea of owning a new car which must sit outside exposed to the elements 24/7 just kinda makes me sad - Let alone TWO brand new cars. I understand apartment dwellers who have no choice, but if you're the homeowner, getting some protection for those wonderful rides would be very high on my list

Don
Hi Don.
You're coll.
Thanks for the reminder.
By our HOA , it is prohibited to install car ports or build a garage, unfortunately. I already check. I need to wash then sometimes and apply some wax (recommendations???) to take care then, or , what I would like to do but not at this moment, sell this house and by another one!!!!

MitsiHatchTesla.jpg

Dang, Mitsi was supposed to hatch a Tesla. Instead, out popped a twin.

MittiMitsi2.jpg

Well, I couldn't resist - an immaculate 2012 SE Premium (Nav+BackupCam+CHAdeMO) for under $10K. I've just added mostly the same bumper stickers, and differentiated by 'his' and 'hers' blue and pink shrink sleeving on the antenna. Named Mitti to complement our original Mitsi.

Now I can drill holes and… - which I was reluctant to do as the original i-MiEV was 'wife's' car and couldn't have any down time.

Bought it a week ago but have barely driven it as have houseguests who've been using it - they are now EV converts with the EV grin every time they drive it!

I met the original owner in Gilroy who trailered it up from Central California and then I drove it the remaining 60-miles home, and still had three bars left when I got home, almost exactly what I would expect from our Mitsi. It had a fully-charged RR=53miles when delivered, and as I drove it rapidly dropped but at RR = 42 miles it just sat there at RR=42 for about 15 miles and then proceeded to drop 'normally', giving a reading of around RR=32 miles at 8 bars. This was Interstate driving, but somewhat conservative on my part. I forgot to plug in Canion and record the trip, although I first used Canion to verify the battery - each cell was at 4.105v and 100%SoC of 360v.

A few photos, starting with my first glimpse of the car as it was delivered. Regarding my house surroundings, it's amazing, all it took was this-week's rain and everything instantly became green (instead of gray rocky dusty and yellow weeds).

MittiFirstGlimpse.jpg

MittiMitsi1.jpg

MittiMitsi3.jpg

MittiMitsi4.jpg

Too cute, Joe! I will hereby start the countdown to the first self-induced dope slap at a fast-charge station; "DOH- I'm in the wrong car!" :roll: Let's open the bidding at two weeks: Dec 31st!

I'm told that all parents of twins come up with a little trick to tell their offspring apart. Did you leave the 'spots' off of the hatchling message for this purpose?

Besides the antennas being different colors, I spy that Mitsi only has one windshield wiper. The passenger wiper was removed.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Only time will tell if this was a good decision, but in the meantime both i-MiEVs are being heavily used as I simply don't drive my Sparrows in the (welcome) rain. My recent long trip in one of my ICE vehicles has me hating those things even more, especially the part about having to go to a gas station...
jray3 said:
Too cute, Joe! I will hereby start the countdown to the first self-induced dope slap at a fast-charge station; "DOH- I'm in the wrong car!" :roll: Let's open the bidding at two weeks: Dec 31st!
I'm sure that will happen, but hopefully not that soon as I've never yet plugged into a CHAdeMO station and the first experience will be exciting. Give me until July :eek:
jray3 said:
I'm told that all parents of twins come up with a little trick to tell their offspring apart. Did you leave the 'spots' off of the hatchling message for this purpose?
Those two spots on Mitti (Nav i-MiEV) I believe are backup sensors.
PV1 said:
Besides the antennas being different colors, I spy that Mitsi only has one windshield wiper. The passenger wiper was removed.
Very observant of you, as the second wiper didn't seem to bother my wife as much as it did me. I'll definitely take it off my new car, and may put it back on hers if this rain continues.

Just acquired a silver ES with quick charge for $10,000. Took a day off work for the 4 1/2 hour drive to Lima, Ohio to pick it up. Haven't really thought of any names, just using Number 1 (white) and Number 2 (silver) for now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s0s1wphxn590suf/AADDIpF2KgwH8nQwE7uzyi9ja

Back