I-MiEV owner - Portugal

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting video. I picked up a few words but I noticed you were in D for the few times you captured your instrument panel. Another interestng fact, you were on the motorway at 66 kmh, is that correct? What is the speed limit on your motorway? The lowest I've dared to go on the motorway in Ontario, Canada is about 70 kmh and that is going up a steep hill that I try and preserve some of my range (autonomy), other than that I'm usually between 80 and 90 kmh on a max 100 kmh limit roadway with most people travelling between 110 - 120 kmh. What was your average speed and did you spend most of that 130 kmh in D? What other techniques did you use to extend your range. I was really impressed to see at the halfway point you were at 91.1 kmh. Very nice!

The 130 km took 3 hours to do. In Portugal the lowest speed limit on motorways is 50 kmh. The maximum speed is 120 kmh but most drivers go up 140. Because there was no traffic Portugal is full of motorways but people dont have money to use them <euro crisis<, i easily drive steady at 65 kmh on the motorway. Yes, i usuallly drive in D, but downhill i use N too. With N i gain speed and with D i brake and charge. I didn t use climatization. In the first 40 km i have to clime a hill in secondary roads and i drove very slowly *30/40 kmh. I arrived with four bars, so i believe i could do 40 km more. If there wasnt that hill in the middle i could do 180,190.

Thanks for your videos.

It's funny when it reaches maximum speed and stops accelerating. Sometimes I wonder why the power indicator not show full power, if I have the throttle full down... and suddenly I see the speed indicator dancing between 132-133 :lol:

Here the minimum speed on the highway is 60 km/h. The limit is 120, and is usually slightly exceed (about 130). Is not a good idea cruise under 90 km/h (limit and usual speed for the trucks)

Greetings from your neighbor!

I think the best maximum RR value is now mine.

76qe.jpg

172 km = 106.875 miles

130 + 60 driving my i-MiEV in Portugal :cool: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOUt3mhgvI

Fill free to ask me questions :) .

Those cakes were really good :D .

The all trip just cost me 1.20 € in electricity :lol: .

You are absolutly right MLucas. No secrets, no miracles, just go slow and if possible, avoid using the accelerator pedal. With N, the car will still run if it's downhill.

Imagine that I go downhill for 17,5 km (11 miles) with a difference in altitude of 1000 meters (0,625 miles). How many bars will I spent?

I'm waiting for your guesses...

Malm said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMramKIV3g
Getting 3 bars in 11 miles, another record?
Malm, I enjoyed looking at your countryside - I must say, your roads are in better shape than ours!

Regarding number of bars - I'm confused. I was expecting your display to show a GAIN of three bars in the 17km downhill; instead, your display showed a LOSS of bars. Perhaps I was not looking at the right spot in the video?

The best INCREASE I have recorded on my iMiEV fuel gauge (a number of times) has only been one bar, and that was only on about a five-mile downhill stretch where I was not regenerating hard but only playing with the 'shift' lever to keep my speed under the speed limit.

Bars are gained between 4:00 of the video (display shows 5 bars and 61.5 km of the trip) and 5:00 of the video (display shows 8 bars and 78.9 km of the trip). Any doubt now?

One of these days i will make a video in english, you deserve, my youtube channel has more then 45 visualizations from USA.

Anyone has done better?

I wonder if i can add it to my extensive list of records.

By the way, I reached 1600 meters of altitude in this trip. But one year ago I went to the top of this moutain - 1993 meters (the biggest of continental Portugal, only azores has one taller)

Malm said:
Bars are gained between 4:00 of the video (display shows 5 bars and 61.5 km of the trip) and 5:00 of the video (display shows 8 bars and 78.9 km of the trip). Any doubt now?
Wow, malm, I had missed that! GAINING THREE BARS over the 17.4km. Yes, you have set the record on the myimiev forum! The distance doesn't really matter - it's just the fact that you were able to recover so much energy. :cool: :mrgreen: Another superb advantage of our electric cars. Congratulations!

img5204y.jpg

You can see all my videos in http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtO0sVVtEd9B3a37X3XsNbw. Subscriptions, likes and commentaries are wellcome

Thank you :D

Finding an EV at a charging station at the end of the rainbow (especially a double rainbow) beats a pot of gold in my book.

Is that a quick charger?

Back