Anybody in North America registered for a Mitsubishi i-Miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell

Has anybody actually pre-ordered an i-Miev? Curious to hear about the process, and how much it cost, and what Mitsubishi said about when the i-Miev will be available/delivered?

I put the $299 down on the internet but probably know as much as you.
I currently have an order in for a Nissan Leaf but if anything goes wrong
with those plans I wanted to be "in line" for the "i".. :mrgreen:

You'll find more information here:
http://i.mitsubishicars.com/

I haven't put a deposit yet myself. I am highly considering this vehicle. Wish there was more current information available. Can't wait for it to be here in Hawaii.

I haven't put a deposit down, as I'm waiting to see what kind of incentives they are going to offer (owner loyalty, etc.), and what kind of infrastructure companies like eVgo are able to get in place before I buy one. They aren't coming to my area (Texas) until November of next year, so that also gives them some time to hopefully improve the distance one can go on a full charge as well.

Golyadkin that makes sense and I can understand. It's still a long time away for you regarding the 'i' getting to your area. Our time is sooner but still the information really isn't as much as I'd like to see at this time nor is anything firm.

Aloha,
EnviroFusion

Is anybody concerned about supply issues like the Nissan Leaf? Maybe we should be reserving a Mitsubishi i-Miev even if we might not want it depending on when it becomes available in the area? It could be another year after initial rollout before someone not pre-registered would get access to one?

I'm a little bit worried about that. If I don't pre-register for any electric vehicles it might be 2014 before I can get one!

I am also hoping though, that since the Mitsubishi I-Miev is selling around the world in other areas, that Mitsubishi won't have near the supply issues that Nissan did when they first rolled out the Leaf.

Since I'm planning on trading my Ralliart for the i-MiEV, I am waiting to make sure I can get the $1,500 owner loyalty that Mitsubishi offers. If it requires me to wait for the car to be in the showroom before I can buy it, so be it.

I'll buy it before it hits the showroom. We purchase a Smart car back in 2008. I pre-registered online a year in advance. We got the car on the first rolled out in the Midwest area. We saw and drove the car for the first time when we pick it up.

We receive are Smart car in February of 2008, the roll out date was suppose to be mid summer. Each dealer got about twenty cars different models and colors, call the people that reserve a car online and sold them. Maybe Mitsubishi will do the same thing.

Back