If your Mitsubishi Imiev dealer is over 60 miles away

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvukovich11

The closest Mitsubishi I dealer is 112 miles from were I live. I am not going to be able to drive my new car home. I may have to trailer the car home unless the dealers delivers it close enough to drive home. I am sure I will not be the only one that has this problem.

mvukovich11 said:
The closest Mitsubishi I dealer is 112 miles from were I live. I am not going to be able to drive my new car home. I may have to trailer the car home unless the dealers delivers it close enough to drive home. I am sure I will not be the only one that has this problem.

Quite a few Nissan dealerships were willing to deliver LEAFs to new owners living beyond the range of the vehicle. Sometimes it was free. Sometimes there was a nominal charge. I would imagine that there will be progressive Mitsubishi dealers willing to entertain the same kind of deal.

One could always use their free tow truck ride for the first trip home. What did you end up doing?

It would be a good idea to have a 'plan' for getting the car to or from the dealership because you're probably going to have to do it one way or another several times over the first few years. We've already had one 'software upgrade' which requires you to return the car to the dealer and I'm pretty sure there will be others in the coming years

Maybe there's a Nissan dealership halfway home? The ALL have L2 charger setups and I'm pretty sure you could recharge there

Ask around to see if any of your friends or coworkers have a pickup and a 4 wheel trailer that could haul a car and it may be as simple as just borrowing something. I bought an undrivable car 90 miles away in New Orleans last winter and got it home with the help of a friend who has a truck and such a trailer

Don

leec said:
One could always use their free tow truck ride for the first trip home. What did you end up doing?

Unfortunately, if you are referring to the Roadside Assistance towing, that is only good to tow you to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer.

Back