Used 2012 DCQC - Good Price?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrylv

Our commutes have been less than 30 miles, and most of the time, it's just a few miles.
I work from home, and the wife works half a mile from the house.
So we don't want to put more stress on our 2013 Sonata Hybrid which we used it a lot for long distant travel.
I have been looking for an used i-MiEV for months now. There have been none in my area.
The other day I found one 2012 ES with DCQC and remote key fob for around $5500 about 400 miles away.
So shipping cost would be around $400. It has around 15k miles.
Is it an ok price? I actually want 2014 model or 2012 SE premium, but they are all around $7k for low miles plus shipping which would push the price to $8k.

harrylv said:
The other day I found one 2012 ES with DCQC and remote key fob for around $5500 about 400 miles away.
So shipping cost would be around $400. It has around 15k miles.
Is it an ok price? I actually want 2014 model or 2012 SE premium, but they are all around $7k for low miles plus shipping which would push the price to $8k.

I paid $5k for the same specs with 41k miles, so I'd say you're doing well, though an SE Premium with low miles was recently listed locally for $4k! (and seems to have sold).

I'd love to see Canion readings on some of these low mileage cars. Here's a 2012 with only 9540 miles.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/729477722/overview/

Thank you for your responses everyone.
Unfortunately, someone got to it before me.
It was an interesting car because Google was the owner.
It was not too far to make a trip there to take a look before buying it.

Anyway, I found a 2012 SE premium under 20k miles. The dealer willing to sell it to me for $6k.
However, it was 2k miles away :(. So I paid around $800 to ship it here. Plus dealer doc fee, I paid around $7000 total which is a bit more than I wanted to spend.
I am a little upset though because I don’t know what happened to my second key.
The sales man said he put one of the sets keys in the glove compartment before handed over the car to the driver.
On the shipping paper that the sales man has even stated a note with 2 sets keys.
What weird is that the note for the key is not on the shipping paper that the driver gave me. The driver kept telling me there was only one key set.
Also the sales man told me there were two remote key fobs (the remote charger one). I thought the car only came with one. So I also found it weird.
Anyway I ended up with one key and one remote key fob. It would cost me $250 to get a second key :(.

The car is in excellent condition. They said there is no scratches or dent, but found a small dent on the hatchback door, and some scratches. It is not a big deal.
I am getting about 70-75 miles range. So I think the battery is still good.
The car had 3 owners already, they didn’t drive much.
The nice thing about this car is that it was sold around end of Sept 2013. So I still have about 5 month warranty for power train. And more than 5 yrs for the battery.
I hope the car does not have problem with the charger or compressor for 4-5 years, then I am happy.
Otherwise, the wife will get mad that we sold one of our ICE cars to buy this.

When I turn on the AC, it seems to run louder than my ICE car AC even on low. The sound is more like a fridge compressor running. Both of my ICE car are pretty quiet when the AC is running on low.
I am wondering if this is normal for the I-miev.

Congrats! - Sounds like you got a great car at a good price

Actually, the compressor *is* very similar to the one in your fridge ;)

Ours are both pretty quiet though

Don

I'm not a mechanic, so I might be going a little too far out on a limb here. But here goes anyway:

The AC compressors in ICE cars are driven by belts from the engine, so the only noise is the compressor itself. But since the iMiev doesn't have an engine, the AC compressor has to have its own little motor--which could make a little more noise than the one in your ICE car. That said, mine is pretty quiet. Electric motors don't make much noise.

Reading through these forums, I remember seeing a few posts about people having trouble with the mounting brackets for the AC compressors. If i recall correctly, the rubber dampers corrode, and the brackets can also break. Both of these situations could result in extra noise and then failure. Might be worth getting this checked by a mechanic ASAP.

Thanks!

Maybe I am just too sensitive to noise.
But to be safe, I’ll jack up the car to take a look at the bracket holding the AC compressor and those rubber feets as suggested in other thread.
I might bring the car to the dealer to have them checking it out.
Not sure how much they will charge for inspection. I haven’t been to a dealer for many years.

While I haven't checked mine, it does seem pretty easy to do so--thanks to those who have posted photos in previous threads. Certainly worth doing yourself before paying a dealer to do it.

Back