Time to Finalize Your Order at the dealership? US Ordering?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeler

I just got an e-mail stating: "Congratulations! Marvin K. Brown Mitsubishi is your certified Mitsubishi i dealership. You're now one step closer to driving electric. Call or visit them today to finalize your order."

I called and apparently I am the first one that ever has for this car. The are scrambling to figure out what to do before they call me back.

Am I the first one to try to order one of these in the US?

I received a call today from the San Jose Mitsubishi dealership asking me to come in to start filling out the paperwork - though I can't order it until they get in their floor car (for a test drive).

Did the San Jose Mitsubishi dealership say when they will get in their floor car (for a test drive)?
I am also going to use the San Jose dealership. if I go ahead on this. Who was the contact person?

Thanks,
John

I got this E-mail today:

A new Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* for the Mitsubishi i took effect on September 9, 2011—but don't worry. As one of our first pre-order customers, you can still finalize your order at the former MSRP. Just call or visit your Mitsubishi dealer by October 18, 2011.

Here are six more great reasons to finalize your order now:

1. 126 city/99 highway MPGe.(1)
2. More efficient than the Nissan LEAF.(2)
3. Nearly $10,000 in fuel cost savings over five years.(3)
4. Big federal and state tax credits.(4)
5. Five unique colors to choose from.
6. Eco-expressive style. Eco-centric attitude.

Your certified Mitsubishi i dealer is ready to help.

xxx...

REMEMBER: Finalize your order no later than Tuesday, October 18, 2011.

Do you think this has anything to do with Nissan still being behind on orders, and Ford selling every internal combustion Focus it can make (even before the Ford Focus Electric comes out)?

Supply and demand - and if Mitsubishi can fill some of that demand then they could also charge a higher premium for the Mitsubishi i-Miev.

jjlink, I received the same e-mail. My dealer is faxing over paperwork this morning.

timmer, I think pricing is driven by the high Yen wrt the dollar. Also, Nissan has a strategy to make money over the life-cycle of the car and not make money this year. Most other manufacturers want to make money this year.

Mahalo everyone for posting their experiences regarding the deposit/purchasing for the iMiev. This has been an interesting process & experience. I'm going to check with the local Mitsubishi dealer here regarding the pricing to see if they will honor the PRE- (increase) pricing for Hawaii.

My dealer is modifying my order to include the accessories that I want.

At what point will we be able to actually order and lock in our price? Will there be any ability to negotiate below MSRP? When would that be?

Still wavering about purchasing the miev. I'd still like to order one, but need some time to wrangle my finances. So when would be the final day to be eligible for a refund on the deposit? Mitsubishi website says up to the time of delivery. I'm assuming that means before my order arrives on the dealer's lot. Once it's physically sitting on the lot, then I'm no longer eligible right?

Just put in my order with Hector @ Anaheim Mitsubishi. They have a simple 5 page contract to sign right now, till the car arrives. Eta for delivery will be Dec 2011, and I can make my final decision to keep it or not by then. He is saying I'm #15 to sign for their store. Also interesting is they are giving me a $1000 rebate check to match the original launch price =)

Congrats! Have you had the home inspection yet? I'd assume so if you've actually got your order in.

Did they say if you were the first one there to order the Mitsubishi i-Miev or not?

They (Capitol Mitsubishi) said they have the most orders of any dealer for the i-MiEV in the SF bay area.
It looked like there were maybe like 7 ahead of me on the list they had.

I just scheduled the home inspection today, for October 14th.

Hey check out the events on the Mitsubishi i - Events FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/iMitsubishi?sk=events

Carmel Arts and Film Festival:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=293140830701654
Experience and test-drive the all-new 100% electric Mitsubishi i set amidst the extraordinary natural beauty of Carmel, California. The Carmel Art and Film Festival hosts five days of groundbreaking art, exclusive premieres, and one of a kind encounters with today’s leading artists, filmmakers, and industry professionals. To learn more about the festival visit: http://www.carmelartandfilm.com

I might go just to see/drive one....

Back