copart salvage 2012 white/blue in Albany New York

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

It is up for auction tomorrow. Has SE wheels and trim, but no MMCS or chademo.

It has salvage certificate title and damage description is listed as 'mechanical', dash shows 16,435 miles. retail ~10k, estimate to repair ~13k.

It has a reserve amount, but they don't indicate the minimum price (which is just stupid).

Might run, or for parts or play toy?

21352985_2X.JPG

Must have run over something that tore up the underside, because I don't see any apparent damage. Too far away for me to investigate, though I'd love to have an i-MiEV to modify without worry of warranty.

Anybody close to Albany, NY want to check it out?

Gave them a call, but the guy couldn't tell me a thing about it.

From looking at the pictures, I'd definitely say something struck the battery pack, as the shields covering the battery and heater are in the back of the car in one picture and clearly show some damage. Plus, the estimated repair price is near the same price as a battery pack. I guess road debris isn't covered by the warranty.

Good eye to catch that--that cover panel does look dented up. Without a known-to-be-good battery it is at best a rolling parts car to me, but it is the first one i've seen in several months.

When you consider that you can buy a running, driveable 2012 for $7500 or so, a car which needs a $13K 'repair' would be worth possibly $2K at best for parts . . . . but I'll BET you their reserve is twice that

Don

Given the estimated repair cost, I'd say the battery is the only component damaged (bottomed out and cracked the case?). I didn't see any mention of runs and drives, so the cells may be damaged, but there isn't any way to tell.

Even without the battery, it'd make a real bargain as a parts car, or even for those who'd build a custom pack and try to get it to run. Too bad Siai47 has liquidated his i-MiEVs. He was about the only one with an extra battery pack laying around. Ben Nelson has an extra case, but the cells and management system are all shot.

Yeah, no idea what the reserve is. I'd be willing to go to $1,000 for it.

Could this car be one that was Flooded in NJ ??

I think it powers up, as the lights/doors/seatbelts/airbag are all lite up in that pic of the dashboard

Wouldn't it then say Flood as either primary or secondary damage? It only lists mechanical damage, and the damaged shields are visible in one picture. They are in the back of the car.

Notice the top left:

21352985_6X.JPG

I went to Copart.com and searched for i-MiEV by model. It was the only one there. They were doing preliminary bidding up until about 9 AM today. It then went to the queue for the auction block, and clicking to join live bidding took me to that screen shown in the YouTube video.

It had 16,435 miles. Here is the listing:

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/21352985?searchId=510042566

Yeah I couldn't tell from the photo. I see the peeling and that was why I thought maybe Salt water corroded the Paint.

I can't watch the video at work (blocked), will have to wait till I get home.

I suppose we don't know who bought it ?

Unless somebody comes forward, right now all I know is it went to someone in Ontario, Canada, pending approval of the final bid from the seller.

Thanks for recording and posting the video of the auction, those are really fast paced and sometimes i wonder if they aren't churning the bids to where Ontario was bidding against himself? Or maybe he was seeing a 'reserved-not-met' banner on his bidding screen and had to keep upping it? Or there were 2 folks from Ontario that wanted it...

i hope it can be fixed easily and get it running.

If you go to copart.com and type 'electric' in the search box it will show you all the trashed teslas and leafs across the nation--huge supply of parts cars...

Back