2016 i-Miev model options

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

It looks like there will be only one model for 2016, the ES--no more SE (too confusing using the same letters anyway), priced starting at about $23k

But it comes standard with Level 3 charging (the dcqc chademo connector in left side port).

And 15" alloy wheels are standard (no more steel wheels).

It seems the only real option is the Nav package ($2k) with the fancy steering wheel.

They should just make them all with Nav and be done with it--is the price difference really a deal breaker for an EV buyer? And in this day and age who wouldn't want the nav screen, bluetooth and rearview camera?

i do wish they would add a cruise control feature/option.

i miss seeing the jellybean wheel covers of the old ES--wish they made the alloy wheels with that pattern.

kiev said:
They should just make them all with Nav and be done with it--is the price difference really a deal breaker for an EV buyer? And in this day and age who wouldn't want the nav screen, bluetooth and rearview camera?
For an additional ~15% tacked onto the price of the car? I surely wouldn't. ($23K - the $7.5K tax credit = $15.5K X 15% = $2300)

I have one car with it and one without it - At least half of it doesn't even function in the iMiEV and then a 'navigation system' in a car with a 75 mile range? Pretty hard to get lost that close to home for most of us. The Nav package sure ain't worth $2K . . . . at least not the few parts of it that actually work in an iMiEV. Now if you had it in an Outlander where all of it's functions actually do what they were designed to do, well that would be a different discussion. Why they even thought of disabling half of it and putting it in this car is still a mystery to me. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I sure don't 'like' it $2K worth. Luckily, I got it basically for free on our second car - I turned them down flat when they tried to sell it to us on the one we paid retail for

Don

Like Don, I also have an i-MiEV with and without this Nav package, and would certainly not pay an additional $2K to have one installed. Cruise control is actually less efficient when trying to hypermile, and it is rare that I drive on a freeway with low traffic volume long enough whereby I could actually employ a cruise control, but that's another discussion...

My used $40 Garmin Nuvi 365W is a superior Nav instrument, IMO. I use it all the time for its instrument panel display (no longer available on newer Garmin GPSs) and easily-resettable trip meter.

kiev, if you'd go back through some of the posts you would find that model year 2014 is the one that consolidated many of the SE features into a single model, which includes, among other things, CHAdeMO and alloy wheels as standard. Other than now having the Nav package as an option, what does the 2016 model offer that the 2014 doesn't have?

BTW, I took the liberty of moving this thread into the Buying/Leasing the iMiev subforum.

Back