An unexpected price move

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcbrine

Before I got my current i-MiEV, I'd bookmarked another 2012 -- a purple one that was going for only $8000. It wasn't as loaded as the one I ended up buying, but I used its existence in my price negotiations. :) Anyway, I decided to check if it had sold yet yesterday (about three weeks after my purchase). It's still there, but to my amazement, the price has gone up, to $11,000!

They must not realize that we are a special group who would even buy this car... and we are WELL informed.

I was going to wait till the price went down a little, but I needed to buy asap. Got $8,600, prem pkg. not that I wanted that, just wanted the QC charge. So I am happy.

I have seen a bunch for over $11,000 and the prices started to drop in the last month.

There are also about 204 available now (2012 used coming off the leases)

Anyone else notice the price of used i-MiEVs going up? Six weeks ago quite a few used ones in Southern California were advertised at around $6500 and now I see they're starting at $7500+. What still amazes me is the incredibly low miles some of these vehicles have.

I think as they sell out, the prices will come up a bit. There can't be that many iMiev's coming off of lease such that they would permanently saturate the market.

Back