2012 i with 20 miles on it ....for sale

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

http://linton-motorsport.ebizautos.com/detail-2012-mitsubishi-i~miev-se_navigation-used-13381047.html

Sounds nice, pics look good, Carfax is there.... But would someone actually pay that amount ?
Makes you wonder how the batteries are. Dealer knows nothing about it (I asked)
Dealer says
" The in service date was 02-13.
The vehicle has been sitting on the showroom floor of a new Mitsubishi dealer colleague of mine and not outdoors.
It still has the balance of the factory warranty. Batteries are fully charged. The vehicle still has the original
window sticker affixed to it ($34980) and still has the delivery plastic on the floors, smells new and literally is brand-new (titled) with less than 50 miles.
There are No recalls outstanding according to Carfax and the Carfax report is in the link below.
No stories, just a rare opportunity to purchase one of these for over 50% the cost of a new one."

But $15k ?
and it has the Brown interior, not a big fan of that.
I don't want it, too much for me for a used, no matter how many miles.

But it may interest someone here ?

Thoughts ?

tigger19687 said:
, , , , and it has the Brown interior, not a big fan of that.
I don't want it, too much for me for a used, no matter how many miles.

Thoughts ?
Every SE and SE Premium came with the brown interior, so if you want the alloy wheels, the fog/running lights, the leather bits and the upgraded stereo, you're going to have to 'settle' for the brown interior

I think the price is too high - The SE Premium I found in Atlanta with 1,204 miles for $8900 was a much better deal, IMO

Don

The only thing I want is the QC.
I didn't know that about the brown interior. Thanks I learned something new :D

It's NOT New and clearly says so. It was titled and is being sold as Used.... no no tax credits

Batteries are fully charged? That's concerning, but at the same time, you'd get a brand new pack if something's wrong wrong with the current one.

I noticed a few things in the pictures. First the dash picture shows the battery is not fully charged, so how did you determine that it's fully charged? Also the dash picture shows the Range remaining miles as 18. This is not the odometer. Could it be that the seller is so unfamiliar with this car that they assume this is the odometer when in reality the car may have significantly more miles. The window sticker indicates it does have the quick charge port (I agree with you that it's a must have), and a folding cargo cover which was an option.

I like that it's fully optioned up with the NAV, hard drive, bluetooth, Back-up camera, alloy wheels, fog lamps, leather wrapped wheel and shift lever. I don't like the Black exterior or the price. But the dealer we bought our i-miev from also wanted $15,000, but they took $10,500 because we were the only one that showed any interest in it after 8 months. They were just glad to get rid of it.

If you're willing to live with the things you don't care for, make them a low-ball offer. All they can do is say no! They might say yes! Or they might counter with a great price that you can live with!

The listing and the Carfax both say 20 miles. I agree with the 18 as the estimate miles.

in the " I put what the dealer said. It was he that said fully charged.

I had emailed him back stating that I only had so much to spend... about 5k less then what he is asking. Not heard back from him.

It is ALSO on Ebay starting at $9,900
And who ever is M**A with (0) buys on ebay has been bidding on just about All of the I-MIEV's on ebay

tigger19687 said:
The listing and the Carfax both say 20 miles. I put what the dealer said. It was he that said fully charged

In the Ad the dealer also says it has a power driver's seat and a power passenger seat? Bet that's not true, since Mitsubishi doesn't offer that feature in the i-miev. Not trying to be too hard on dealers, sometimes they just don't pay close attention to the facts. It seems to be easier to rattle off a bunch of Bull***t than to actually check things out!

If you like this unit, I hope you get it! I've seen you post several times and you seem to have really done your homework on EV's and figured out what works for you. You appear to understand the pro's and con's of living with an EV. You have realistic expectations and I think you'll be delighted with your choice.

Let me welcome you (prematurely) to the EV club!

P.S. I hope you won't be offended if I offer some advice. I'm 56 years old and have bought a few cars. Personally I wouldn't discuss your situation with the dealer! Saying "I can only afford about 5k less than you're asking" sounds like you're fishing for a price and the dealer may assume that you can really afford more! Just make a firm offer! For example just say "I'll pay $8900". This makes you sound like a committed buyer. Of course you have to be prepared to buy it for $8900 if the dealer says yes! If the dealer says no, but counters. You have options. You can keep looking until you find the perfect car for the perfect price, or you can consider the dealer's counter offer, or perhaps counter his counter offer!

Yeah, I told him I only had $9k to spend. :)
I didn't think he would answer me. They all (the ones that don't know anything about EV's) want to get $10 for it.

I went and saw one here in MA at a FORD dealer, laugh... He said he didn't know anything and the only thing he was going on in price was that "with in 300 miles they were all priced almost a $1k over what he is asking"
I told him that the car had a rear end collision (he knew that) and his price of $8900 was too high.
I didn't tell him, but he doesn't know that the "motor" is in the rear ....

I low ball most and will email them back when it is STILL on their lot after 2-4 weeks ;)

I'm in no hurry, but thank you for the compliment on knowing what I am looking for. I am still learning more and more.
I WANT this car NOW, but I am old enough to wait till I get a great price on it.

BTW, he has this car listed on Ebay. So doubt he would take less them $10 anyway.

tigger19687 said:
I'm in no hurry, but I WANT this car NOW, but I am old enough to wait till I get a great price. he has this car listed on Ebay. So doubt he would take less them $10 anyway.

You never know, they may get tired of waiting for a buyer before you get tired of waiting for a car. You definitely have the right strategy and outlook! Good luck, and good hunting!

tigger19687,
Have you tried Chase Autoplex from Texas? I almost bought a used one from them but they would not lower their price. They currently have a few 2012 I-Miev available and I believe they got them from auctions:

http://www.chaseautoplex.net/inventory.aspx?make=Mitsubishi&sold=1&

They have a Black NAV SE with quick charge for $9,000 and the car only has 5,100 miles. With shipping and tax, it might be slightly over your budget, but you can also negotiate with them. They have listed and sold a few 12 I-Miev on Ebay (the account has about 50 feedback)

Back