Need advise about buying this car...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

5-2-15 @ 5pm edit
Never mind- I went down and they will not budge on the price. They clearly know NOthing about Electric cars anyway and the guy admitted that. Said that They had the mechanic go through it nuts to bolts... yet they still know nothing about EV's, so you got to wonder how "through" it really was.
Anyway, I passed on it. Was a nice drive out anyway.
Here is the Carfax
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DFI_0&vin=JA3215H11CU020754#undefined

Here is the dealers listing, I guess they just got it.
http://www.rodmanford.com/vehicle-details/2012-mitsubishi-i-miev-es-foxboro-ma-id-9547778

I emailed the guy and asked for the carfax but didn't get it, but it is on the website which is good.

They offered, over email yesterday, to drop price by $200 since I was internet buyer ... :roll:
I offered $7500, just to see what they would say.

I was planning to see how far I could get the price down today when I go by.
But after seeing the Carfax I am not so sure.
Rear end accident happened while in the initial care of the Dealer where they obviously did repairs- this makes me very suspicious to begin with.
This car has it all, so the Rear sensors and Rear Camera would have had to been replaced.
But there is no way to know what was repaired to say the rear Axle/tires/battery etc...

1st owner was a Corp Buyer, returned with in 2 months !! :shock:
2nd buyer returned 1yr 10 months - I thought leases were 2 or 3 years ? If it was a 3 yr that makes me suspicious too, Even More so if it was a 3yr.

I was all set to buy this car too :cry: Now I am not so sure.
Please add your input to this.
Thanks

Is there a Mitsubishi dealer nearby that can complete an inspection? That's what I required before buying mine. This resulted in the installation of a brand new battery in my case. I would have them inspect the repaired area in that car as well, alignment, etc.

In addition to what Phximiev said, be sure it has a Remote, as that's a $1000 gadget which you will appreciate in winter.
I personally loathe black cars (my first car was a black Austin Healey 3000): hard to keep clean, really get hot sitting in the sun (which you DON'T want with an EV), and invisible at night (safety).
As an aside, what kind of out-of-control "Corporate" entity bought a car and returned it two months later?

Good suggestions.
I think I will have to get one shipped to me tho :( there are not too many

I knew from past posts about the Remote being about $1000, which makes a nice barter tool !

I don't like the black or white, but since it was so close I would have bought it if not for the accident and no moving on price.
Oh well, wonder how long it will take for them to sell it.

tigger19687 said:
I think I will have to get one shipped to me tho :( there are not too many
Shipping can be as little as a dollar a mile or even a bit less - Not a big consideration IMO if you find the 'right' car at the 'right' price

My second one was bought from a used car dealership near Indianapolis which is about 600 miles from my home - My brother and I drove up in a pick-up with a 16' tandem axle trailer and brought it home ourselves

Don

I would continue to watch the price. If the dealer can't sell it, then they may drop the price. I for one would be interested in seeing the price from time to time if its not sold, so please post it. ;-)

We watched ours go from 14 or so to just under 10 over several months, so movement is possible/probable.

I may hold out for a Raspberry one :mrgreen:

yeah I know you all hate that color.

I look on Autotrader every day. 195 available all colors

tigger19687 said:

I think Raspberry is a great color.

After a while, you get bored of the whites, black and had too many silvers cars.
Good luck with the hunt.

sandange said:
tigger19687 said:
I think Raspberry is a great color.
After a while, you get bored of the whites, black and had too many silvers cars.
Good luck with the hunt.
I also like Raspberry, the only problem being that it is 'dark' and absorbs heat more readily than white. Doodled a bit with a white wrap on the upper parts - is two-tone going to come back and be in vogue again someday?

If the accident damage wasn't enough to touch the tailgate or distort the latch location and the four bolts holding the motor room hatch still line up perfectly, I'd take those as good signs. There's nothing of consequence behind the tailgate latching loop, and it's all easy to inspect from below.
Leases can be terminated early, and when I had a corporate 'road job', taking over an ex-employee's leased car was bad juju. When somebody got terminated, their car was turned back in to the lessor and the new employee got a new car. Amazingly, that company went bankrupt... :roll:

If you're in a northern climate, I think that the black color is a net benefit. Free heat is a good thing in an electrically-heated car! Since the air conditioning is a heat pump (more efficient) and it's used when the battery has higher capacity (warm months), I'm quite happy with a black car in this climate. The i-MiEV lighting is plenty visible, and I find those silver cars blend into a concrete road worse than black cars.

Back