# of '12 i for sale on Autotrader-updated (209 )

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

181 as of 4-17-2015 @ 11am (est)
--190 on Auto trader, 4-26-15
---195 " " " 5-2-15
----192 """" 5-5-15
-----193 " " " 5-7-15
------195 " " " 5-8-15
--------199 ''''' 5-11-15 !!
-- 202 5-12-15
-- 207 6-5-2015
- 209 6-6-15
YUP, they must all be coming off the leases. Just read an article about the Leaf all coming off their leases too.

I thought this may be good info for people looking for Used 2012's as they are all starting to come off of their Leases.

I'm Curious how many come off lease, was there a bigger month they all leased on and if that will start to change the price if there are many out there.

If someone wants to list what Cars.com has please do, my Firefox and that program don't play well together.

March/April was a big sales period in 2013 due to a major discount on the price. I believe the $96/month lease deal was going on then, too.

The dealer I bought Koorz from just called yesterday to ask if I want another one. :lol:

I'm struck by how low the mileage is on many of these cars. We average 1000miles/month on each of our two primary EVs as they are used for over 99% of our trips.... don't most people use the iMiEV for their local and commute trips?

It is my impression that autotrader.com, cars.com, carfax.com, cargurus.com, carmax.com, carsforsale.com, beepi.com, etc. all derive their inputs from dealers. I think that private-party listings such as Crag's List would offer better buying opportunities, giving both the buyer and the seller a better deal than they'd get going through a dealer. That's how I accidentally stumbled upon my own bargain, but mine was not a lease return.

The trick is figuring out how to latch onto an i-MiEV coming off lease before a dealer gloms onto it.

"The trick is figuring out how to latch onto an i-MiEV coming off lease before a dealer gloms onto it."

I think the only way to do that is to have a dealer Lic to go to the auctions. And KNOW where the Auctions are for Ally financial.
They have offices (or you can get a job in..) Ark, Cali, ill, Fl, GA, Maryland, Mich, MN, NY, NC, Penn, TX, Virginia

Of the 181 listed, it looks like probably 125 to 150 of them are ES models without the Nav and QC options. Of the remaining 30, 40 or 50, probably only a handful of those are really low mileage SE Premium packages, so if that's what you're looking for, I'd grab the first one I found and then pay to have it shipped to you. The didn't make nearly as many of those and the few out there will go pretty fast I think

When we decided we really wanted a second one, I found a Silver SE Premium in Atlanta with 1,204 miles for $8895. The dealer had 6 or 8 cars and all were priced the same, but the others were all ES models and they all had many more miles than the single SE they had. I put a deposit on the car and was all set to drive to Atlanta the next day and tow it home when my brother let us know that he had changed his mind on the White 2012 SE Premium with 3,950 miles he had just bought for $8700, so we bought his car instead - Just had to drive it across the street

Anyway, if you want a 2012 SE Premium package with really low miles for something less than $10K, I don't think you have very long to shop - The premium models will be the first ones to go - If you wait another 3 or 4 months, I think the prices on the remaining ES models will have to come down even more. Many of the dealers who scooped up these cars at Ally auctions don't have a clue what they bought or how to market them, otherwise why would the lowest mileage car you have and the only one with the Premium package be priced exactly the same as the higher mileage, lesser equipped cars? Makes no sense

Don

Don said:
... if you want a 2012 SE Premium package with really low miles for something less than $10K, I don't think you have very long to shop - The premium models will be the first ones to go - If you wait another 3 or 4 months, I think the prices on the remaining ES models will have to come down even more. Many of the dealers who scooped up these cars at Ally auctions don't have a clue what they bought or how to market them, otherwise why would the lowest mileage car you have and the only one with the Premium package be priced exactly the same as the higher mileage, lesser equipped cars? Makes no sense
Don
I agree that prices will come down more, these things are not moving because nobody knows about the car, and they're not quite cheap enough for a really frugal tinkerer to buy one. But, I don't think the SE's will sell faster, necessarily. I see three near me, two are SEs (based on the alloy wheels; there's no other comment in the listing: evidence to your dealers "don't have a clue" comment), and the only pattern I see in the pricing is mileage/age. Like typical ICE cars. For all I know the really low mileage car is an ES with nothing and is $1k more than the slightly higher mileage SE with everything (maybe even with QC).

danpatgal said:
But, I don't think the SE's will sell faster, necessarily. I see three near me, two are SEs (based on the alloy wheels; there's no other comment in the listing: evidence to your dealers "don't have a clue" comment), and the only pattern I see in the pricing is mileage/age. Like typical ICE cars. For all I know the really low mileage car is an ES with nothing and is $1k more than the slightly higher mileage SE with everything (maybe even with QC).
Yes, as I mentioned, most dealers have the SE's and ES's priced the same. I think you're probably correct that the run of the mill SE (no premium package, no Bluetooth, no nav and no quick charge) isn't going to command that much more than an ordinary ES model

But . . . . now that 3 years have passed and many more places have access to quick chargers, I think the discriminating buyer would be looking for that option specifically. I have no idea of the ratio of SE's without all the goodies to SE Premium packages, but from looking through many ads for the lease cars currently up for sale, I would guess it's probably 3 or 4 to 1 - There don't seem to be that many Premium SE's out there, but they all seem to have lot's of ES models. I'm just thinking that the few premiums with all the goodies will go pretty fast and then they'll be left with a ton of less desirable cars (with no QC) and eventually the prices on those will have to come down

I suspect 3 or 4 months from now, you may be able to buy an ES with 10K or so on it for $7K . . . . maybe even a bit less. I think once the Premium's with QC are all gone, they'll have to do something when they find they're sitting on the less desirable inventory that just isn't moving. We'll see

Don

What makes it difficult to tell if a specific car has quick charge or not (ES models) is that many dealers don't take a picture of the driver's side floor where the QC release handle is. SE models are easy to tell, if it has nav, it has quick charge. Although I haven't looked through the latest offerings, most SE models I saw didn't have the premium package. That's how I ended up with the used demo ES in Lima, OH. They were the only dealer around me that managed to catch the QC handle location in their pictures, and the handle was there.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=

Put in the VIN number at the end of this link (no space). It will tell you what was the Original Options on it.

MOST dealers have nothing in their listing about what is on the car. One listed just USB port and fog lights, but it had the Nav system and QC.

Found out that "autochecker' is not as good as Carfax reports.

That pic of the drive door (lower) is priceless to people like us and dealers that don't know.

I have seen a few where the pic from the Passenger door shows the keys in the ignition WITH the remote !!

I am leaning towards the Used 2012 Model. And since I don't NEED to have another car, I can wait till I can get a great deal.
Every 2-3 weeks I resend an email to the local guys who have higher prices to see if they will lower it. I figure the longer it sits on their lot the more they might be willing to get rid of it

The dealer photo that continues to drive me crazy is the picture of the dashboard with "zero" segments showing on the fuel gauge and the "turtle" illuminated. I have sent emails to dealers to please charge the car. Many times the photos were taken when the cars first arrived at the dealer and the car subsequently has been charged.
Just trying to prevent premature battery failure.
Stay charged my friends.
2012 ES, silver with QC
Leased 2013-2015
Owned 2015

I know which car you're talking about (unless there's multiple ones like that :? ), but that one does have quick charge. I'm not as worried with a low charge on an i-MiEV as I would be other cars. The LEAF will periodically wake up and charge the 12 volt battery from the main pack, and Tesla's run out of charge just sitting there (getting better but still an issue). I'm not sure if Mitsubishi has verbiage somewhere on how to store these cars, but it should say to charge them between 4 and 8 bars. Not enough charge to harm the pack, but enough to allow for a test drive or two.

Maybe I should have told that salesman proper storage charge when I was at that dealer :? .

tigger19687 said:
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/rs/file/monroney?vin=

Put in the VIN number at the end of this link (no space).

Awesome, thanks for that. For the three near me two are SEs with no QC (but the alloy wheels, fog lights, and leather trim ... something else maybe - oh, better radio, but no nav/backup camera), and the third is an ES with QC. So, that's a great link to use in getting original installed equipment on the iMiev since most dealers don't advertise, or even know about, those details.

I can not take credit for the link.
Someone here posted it, but I can not remember who :oops:
But it IS a great tool!!

Prices ARE coming down. There have been a few on Ebay, and I have to wonder if it is just to get rid of them faster. Though they do have Reserves.

I printed off the list from Autotrader on 4-29-2015 with 186 Used 2012 i's on it.
I keep updating them and the prices.

Kinda like rolling the dice hoping for the best roll -- for me that would be one with a QC, on the east coast preferably, Black interior, Raspberry would be nice but it doesn't matter really.

In Canada there are 18 "used" iMiev on autotrader.ca (most 2012, one 2013, a 2014 "demo" models but listed as used). Aside from one that's going for 6,495 CAD in Quebec (50,000+ km), they're mostly in the 18,000-20,000 CAD price range.

In other news, my wife reports that yesterday she saw 8 new iMievs parked at the car import terminal on Annacis Island (one black, two silver, the rest white).

Back