2014 vs 2016 Canadian I-miev - best price so far on new?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vancitymiev

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get back into an electric car after my move last year forced the sale of my 2012 imiev. I had purchased that new in 2013 at a great price and now I'm looking to do the same again. On the mitsubishi Canada website they have a $5000 discount which drops the price from $27,998 to $22,998 on a 2014 (plus freight + pdi). I'm wondering what the best deal anyone in Canada has got so far on a 2014?

Also of note, the 2014 seems the same as the 2012 es just with a seat heater? And the 2016 is now the upgraded model with the better wheels, seats, door panels?

There seems to be a $6000 discount for the US ones. Not sure if that helps or not.
But for the US, the 2016 and 2014 are basically the same but you can now get the Nav system in the 2016

vancitymiev said:
Also of note, the 2014 seems the same as the 2012 es just with a seat heater? And the 2016 is now the upgraded model with the better wheels, seats, door panels?
I think all the USA version 2014's come with the L3 charge port, alloy wheels and fog lights, don't they? - None of those were standard on the 2012 ES models. Canada may be different though . . . . I know all Canadian cars came with the fog lights

As far as I know the changes from the 2012 model are
- heated seat added for the passenger side (front) - very useful
- two extra speakers into the rear door - nice but really?
- lit up ring around the charger plug while the car is charging - nice touch

There may be one more addition but I can't recall. Again, as far as I recall the ChaDemo DC charge port is standard to all cars shipped to Canada.

While there were 2013 brochures available at dealers I am not sure there were actually any 2013 models here. My dealer in Hamilton folded up his business. The one in Waterloo has five (5) 2012 models on his lot. He told me he will not bring in any new ones, at least until these 2012 models are sold.
As for pricing the offer he has is $18,998 + HST. I think if anyone offers him a serious offer of $18,998 tax included, he would be willing to make a deal. Here is why
MSRP $27,998
Less Mitsubishi factory discount $4,000
This leaves a price of $23,998
Add 13% HST (Ontario) $3,119.74
Price tax included $27,117.74
Less Ontario rebate 8,231
Final sale price 18,886.74 - that is tax included!

OK the dealer normally charges delivery and perhaps other charges. BUT these cars are on his lawn, they are two hears old, going three. So negotiate!

I went to the local dealer today and saw 3 2014s on the lot. DriveGreen I noticed the front passenger side heated seat which is a nice touch from my 2012, but didn't notice if it had the rear door speakers. I looked for the charge plug light but didn't think they had it. I wonder why mitsubishi made the 2014s for Canada like a 2012 es while the states got the se as their es.

I had a 2012 and now own a 2014 Miev

DriveGreen said:
- heated seat added for the passenger side (front) - very useful
- two extra speakers into the rear door - nice but really?
- lit up ring around the charger plug while the car is charging - nice touch
New Blue color choice as well
Yes that's about it.
The rear speakers do make an improvement

vancitymiev said:
I looked for the charge plug light but didn't think they had it
It activates on a timer when you lock unlock the doors with your key.

Just to update this I purchased a 2013 Imiev today, and will be picking it up friday. Its used but has only 2300kms on it. Differences I noted between my 2012 were the passenger seat being heated (and both seats being heated on the bottom and back), and the upgraded 2 mode charger (8/12). Will post pics when I pick it up from the dealership. Quite a bit better price than the new 2014s that 2 dealers has left here.
And for those wondering, yes Mitsubishi did have a 2013 model year I-miev that was Canada only and mainly for fleet sales. Seemingly very rare as well.

Back