Dealer Ignorance

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkarl89203

I found out that there is a dealership 31 miles from where I live who previously sold the i-miev (Gary Lang Mitsubishi in Mchenry Illinois...so I decided to ask them when the 2014s will be available.
As I viewed their website a chat box popped up....I chatted with 'beth Johnson ' who claimed to be at the dealership. Oddly though she couldn't tell me where the dealership was located or even confirm that they were a Mitsubishi dealership.
So....I bid goodbye to her and called the dealership directly. I contacted one person in sales who didn't knownwhat an I miev was.....then I was routed to an answering machine.....and then when I called back to speak to a human being I was connected to 'Joe the salesman. He said they 'didn't make them anymore and they wouldn't be getting any...and who would own one anyways.....I said ME for example ...and told him he would never sell cars that way.

Sheesh...ya know it may be that mitsubishis lack of advertising may not be the only problem.

This same dealership, and the same sales person, was the dealership I made my original reservation for a 2012 i back in December 2011. Eventually I changed to a dealer in WI as I never felt comfortable with this dealers knowledge and commitment on EVs. It's a shame some things just don't change.

Sadly I agree....I was hoping that it was a good place for maintenance as my dealership is 115 miles away....
(Not to mention a possible recharge on the way to Chicago....but now after this experience I would never do business of any kind with them.

The two dealers that I worked with when I bought my iMiev were both pretty conversant about the car. One dealer was literally half a mile from my house, but the one I bought from was about 15 miles away. I chose them because they were ONLY a Mitsubishi dealer as opposed to the one nearest to me that handles at least a dozen brands.

I think the real problem is Mitsubishi is not really producing these cars in any large numbers. They don't have the capacity and they have to sell what they have....and what most people want. It's hardly a profit center for them. It's hardly a home run.

EVs will catch on...but for now they are a stepchild.

Wow.....just out of curiosity is there a good L2 charging station there?
We just signed up for the MGE study to use Madison's Dc quick charger.

There are no charging stations of any kind anywhere in the city. Our local Chevrolet/Cadillac dealer may have one but I've never seen it.

The Madison charging stations work well, I use them often at no cost.

Back