EV fed credit to $10,000

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddlerJohn

Electric car federal tax credit may rise to $10,000 but won’t apply to Tesla.
http://ecomento.com/2014/03/27/elec...it-may-rise-to-10000-but-wont-apply-to-tesla/
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140304/AUTO01/303040118
The Treasury proposal would also allow the dealer to offer a point-of-sale rebate to buyers rather than requiring taxpayers to file for the tax credit on their income taxes.

Increased tax credits would be expected to help President Obama reach his goal of “putting one million advanced technology vehicles on the road by 2015.”

Wow! $10,000 at point of sale would make a huge difference.

FiddlerJohn said:
The Treasury proposal would also allow the dealer to offer a point-of-sale rebate to buyers rather than requiring taxpayers to file for the tax credit on their income taxes.
------------
Wow! $10,000 at point of sale would make a huge difference.

Dealership subsidy? The dealer takes 10k and cuts the price by, what 6k?

Mart said:
Dealership subsidy? The dealer takes 10k and cuts the price by, what 6k?
rant on.

Well, GM and their dealers got bad press in the Volt rollout when some stealers apparently didn't make it clear that they had already harvested the tax credit on a particular car, and the dealer markups ($12k 'regional price adjustment' at my local dealer on their first Volts) didn't last long (did plenty of damage in the first year, though). Problem is, manufacturers and dealers don't always get the message or react appropriately when the market speaks. "See, the Volt is a flop." or "Mitsu is having a fire sale on remaining 2012 iMiEV stock, and "THERE WILL BE NO 2013 model"". Only took 'em two years to fix that mistake- oh, wait- when will the i be back on local lots? Ya don't say.....

A $13,000 i-MiEV with no tax hassles or an oversized car loan? They'd have a riot at the dealers in Seattle if it was in inventory and advertised a little bit.

rant off.

Back