Reserve/Receive Dates

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
Thought I'd start this thread to try to get a feel for when we might expect to receive our pre-reserved vehicles.

Would those who received their "i's" be kind enough to let us know when they ordered them and when they received them?

According to my salesperson, Mitsubishi is controlling the distribution, and he doesn't know anything.

Presumably, if someone doesn't purchase the vehicle they signed up for then Mitsubishi will be offering that specifically-equipped vehicle to the next person who wanted that exact configuration(?). I suspect that geographical location would have an impact as well. It would be nice if Mitsubishi would tell us their methodology so we don't have the same experience as the Nissan Leafs.

Great idea! I don't have any order details yet, I haven't pull the trigger on a Mitsubishi i yet.

Maybe the mods should move this thread to the owner's forum since it will be potential owners? I guess this is as good a spot as any.

I showed up at the dealer the day that the first batch came off the boat and pre-purchased one of their two demo cars (12/5), a silver ES. It's entire demo career was a day with me, and then it sat in the showroom for the rest of the month while the SE with the decals served as a driver... ;) I took delivery on 12/29 to get in under the wire for a 2011 credit.

Reserved Jan. 9, 2012. Live in the Fairborn, Ohio which was not supposed to get them until January 2013 but if the article in autobloggreen is correct, they've moved up their release schedule 9 months so I may see mine this year. Let's hope.

alexanmh, Perhaps your dealer already told you this, but you can sign on to mitsubishicars.com then go to vehicles and then down to the MIEV. Once you are on that website then you can create a sign on page where you can see the status of your car. Dan O

Reserved: Aug. 1, 2011 09:39:38 PDT

Order Finalized: Sept 26, 2011.

Delivered by Ship: Port Hueneme (date unknown), Trucked to San Jose, CA (arrived Jan 19th).

Purchased car: Jan 20th, 2012.

Dan O said:
alexanmh, Perhaps your dealer already told you this, but you can sign on to mitsubishicars.com then go to vehicles and then down to the MIEV. Once you are on that website then you can create a sign on page where you can see the status of your car. Dan O

Thanks Dan O. Since I just reserved this Monday, I'm not that far into the process. I'm still selecting my dealer and reading all the posts on chargers.

JoeS said:
Tlet us know when they ordered them and when they received them

Sept. 1, 2011 $299 deposit via paypal

Dec. 18, 2011 to date. Status from http://i.mitsubishicars.com/myi
Dealer Confirmation: To finalize your order, please contact your preferred Mitsubishi i-certified dealer.

Does this mean that my i order is NOT "finalized"?

Jan. 26, 2012:
My dealer said delivery is three month from order. That would mean March 18, 2012, but he thinks I will receive my i in Feb. 2012.

Feb. 3, 2012:
Dealer said the order was finished (finalized as far as he knows) back in Dec. 2011. Delivery should be early March, 2012. Dealer still doesn't have a Demo, a test drive car nor charging stations. All on order. http://i.mitsubishicars.com/myi still says "Being Built."

UPDATE Feb. 24, 2012: Being Built Shipped Arrived at Port
  • . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Your Mitsubishi is on the high seas.
Just in time! My Chevy dealer just emailed me to say there are several Volt's IN STOCK for purchase! It's good that Mitsubishi sent me a "Shipped" email this morning. Otherwise I would be a happy Volt owner tonight.

How long from "SHIPPED" to delivery?

Placed my order with deposit down on the first week in May, dealer said in the middle of December it should be here between Christmas and New Year.

Arrived on January 11th.

Placed my order online December 5. Jumped through all the GeekSquad and MrElectric hoops. By February 7, the status of my order still showed as "Being Built" so I went down to the local dealer and bought an iMiEV off the dealer's lot. Overnight, the status of my order changed from "Being Built" to "Arrived in Port". Go figure! :?

For anyone who wants immediate delivery or can't claim the tax credit, my silver ES model with cold weather package and interior LEDs is available for purchase. It does not have CHAdeMO, and I wanna trade up. :mrgreen: Please PM for further discussion. Total mileage as of today is 1882, and the car is still pristine.
Thanks,
Jay

I ordered on Oct 23, 2011.

On Dec 2, 2011, the dealer said I just missed the Jan batch because I didn't confirm my order. But they never asked for that. So my order was confirmed on Dec 2 for the Feb batch.

My vehicle arrived on March 6th. But they sold it to someone else! See this post http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=283

I was told that on the next shipment, scheduled to arrive April 25th, there are some vehicles available from orders that were already cancelled. Apparently one now has my name on it. I'm told the ES with the quick charger and SE premium are the most popular models. There are SE models and ES w/o quick chargers on dealer lots.

Reserved Jan 9, but delivery here in Ohio would have been in August. After getting an up and close look at another owner here in Ohio (thanks Jeff), I was able to locate my exact order at a dealer in Indianapolis, IN. They delivered my i-miev to my house here in Ohio (nice service) on Monday so now I'm one of the few (maybe as few as 2) Ohio i-miev owners. :)

Mark
2012 i-miev ES, pearl white, quick charge and USB

alexanmh said:
Reserved Jan 9, but delivery here in Ohio would have been in August. After getting an up and close look at another owner here in Ohio (thanks Jeff), I was able to locate my exact order at a dealer in Indianapolis, IN. They delivered my i-miev to my house here in Ohio (nice service) on Monday so now I'm one of the few (maybe as few as 2) Ohio i-miev owners. :)

Mark
2012 i-miev ES, pearl white, quick charge and USB

That is exactly what I ordered last week. They told me it would come around july 1st. I hope it comes that soon. Maybe I will get the one you originally reserved. I could have bought the black ES on the lot without the quick charge and taken the delivery after they were finished using it as a demo.

Dan

Back