Anyone want a iMiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamblinBrad

I know a place that has a few in stock just as long as you like white. O'Brien Mitsubishi in Normal, IL btw.
cars.jpg

I know a couple of people, but not anywhere close to Illinois. That's got to be close to the record number (if not the record) of MiEV's in one place in NA.

Why can't there be that much of a presence everywhere?

I think O'Brien got the remainder of the nations inventory or something like that. Do know that they have sold around 200 of them in the past year according to an article I read. They are all over town, had two other black ones parked at the mall the other day which made me really ready for my vinyls to be finished.

I believe that Normal, IL is the place that the Miev was initially introduced to the U.S. and went through it's trials. Looks like the town really likes them !

If O'Brien Mitsubishi got the i-MiEVs from around the country, that would explain why my local dealership (where I got my i-MiEV) went from having 6 in stock to none.

If Mitsubishi stops selling the i-MiEV (or another zero emissions vehicle), does that mean they can't sell vehicles in California?

Mitsubishi could buy zero emissions credits (or use the ones they may have banked up in California) to continue to sell cars. There are a lot of auto makers that are not going to build "compliance" cars but will buy credits from others to continue to sell in California. Tesla has made millions selling their credits as they don't need them to offset any other cars they sell as they are all ZEV's.

Auto Nation(formerly Champion Mitsubishi) in Houston has three SE models in stock. They're offering great prices and fantastic financing.
Colors are: white, black and raspberry.
This is the dealer where I leased my silver 2012 ES with QC.

psyflyjohn said:
I believe that Normal, IL is the place that the Miev was initially introduced to the U.S. and went through it's trials. Looks like the town really likes them !

The town was featured in the block of commercials that went out last year or so ago. We have a Mitsubishi plant here as well that makes the Outlander currently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc1MltZiz8k

RamblinBrad said:
I know a place that has a few in stock just as long as you like white. O'Brien Mitsubishi in Normal, IL btw.
cars.jpg

Holy family portrait, Batman!!! It is VERY likely the Raspberry Metallic i-MiEV shown in that picture is my new baby. Mine was shipped up from O'Brien Mitsu in Blo/No and arrived on 7/11/13. Although, I can see why there probably was no love lost when they got rid of mine. HellOOOOoooo, one of these kids is not like the others!

1001511_10200734617502219_752003128_n.jpg

TWO of the cars in that picture are not like the others - They don't have the holes drilled in the front bumper for the useless front license plate! :D

Why do they do that? It's easy enough to drill them later if you happen to be unfortunate enough to live where a front plate is required . . . . but it's impossible to un-drill them if you don't

Don

Well, I live in a state where the front plate IS required. So, no skin off my bones. However, I would prefer if I didn't have to display front plates. It really distracts from the view of the headlights!

Don said:
TWO of the cars in that picture are not like the others - They don't have the holes drilled in the front bumper for the useless front license plate! :D

Why do they do that? It's easy enough to drill them later if you happen to be unfortunate enough to live where a front plate is required . . . . but it's impossible to un-drill them if you don't

Don

The useless front plate isn't so useless in Illinois. Keeps us from getting a ticket for not displaying the front license plate :) It's really hard to find a car at any dealer here without the front plate on it. Only reason why those two don't have any holes is because the came from out of state.

Of course you could use those useless holes to attach a pair of bull horns or something.

RamblinBrad said:
The useless front plate isn't so useless in Illinois. Keeps us from getting a ticket for not displaying the front license plate :) It's really hard to find a car at any dealer here without the front plate on it. Only reason why those two don't have any holes is because the came from out of state.
I guess front plates do make it easier for the state to issue traffic camera tickets - The drivers face and the license plate would both show up in the photo . . . . hard to beat that in court I suppose

We're not used to seeing front plates often here in the southeast. Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and West Virginia are all single plate states . . . . if you have a front one around here, you're from outta town!

Don

Don said:
RamblinBrad said:
We're not used to seeing front plates often here in the southeast. Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and West Virginia are all single plate states
I always assumed that the reason for so many single-plate states in the Southeast is to leave room for the Confederate flag as the front plate :)

alohart said:
I always assumed that the reason for so many single-plate states in the Southeast is to leave room for the Confederate flag as the front plate :)
Ohhhh, SNAP! No you di'int!

alohart said:
Don said:
RamblinBrad said:
We're not used to seeing front plates often here in the southeast. Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and West Virginia are all single plate states
Well, if you get stuck with a car with the ugly holes already drilled in the front bumper, I guess you gotta put SOMETHING up there to cover them up :lol:

Actually, here we can legally put just about anything we like on the front - Lots of folks mount an old plate from some other state . . . . or they buy a car from a two plate state and just change the back plate. So, if your 'heart's in Texas' you can have Texas plate on the front

Fortunately, most new cars sold here don't come with the bumpers already molested. Our iMiEV came with the 'kit' for mounting a front plate in the glove box . . . . but no holes in the bumper for it

Don

RamblinBrad said:
cars.jpg

Hopefully the silver one is ours :) We paid a good faith deposit and go back to sign paperwork next Friday (26th).

Back