Anybody seen any in stock?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelev

About two weeks ago I bought a White (w/blue) SE and my sister's family bought a Silver SE. Those appear to be the last two available in Oregon. Now one of our friends wants one (after a couple spirited 'test drives') and we're having trouble locating any stock that does not have the ridiculously expensive Nav/Premium options on it.
So, I thought I'd inquire here among the plugged in populace to see if anyone knows of one still 'sitting on the shelf.'

I don't think ES/SE/Color matter much, just one without all the expensive add-on's

Thanks!

MichaelEV
i-MiEV: the fourth electric car I've owned

I'm guessing you didn't want to search far and wide (as in Pennsylvania), but there is one here:

http://www.tommasanomitsubishi.com/new-car-inventory.aspx

It's an ES (without QC). Maybe if you pay what they're asking (I think the $19,396 is before tax credits/rebates), they'll ship it for you.

Dan

Well, now that we're getting down to the last few cars, the price penalty for all those expensive options is a bit diminished by a $10k markdown. I'm starting to like the nav system and love the kickin' stereo! Realtime Traffic saved me at least 30 minutes yesterday. Anyhoo, one used i that I can personally vouch for is stickered at $16k by http://www.auburnvalleycars.com, but they haven't bothered to put it online. It was still available as of Saturday PM. ;)
Here's a new one that my sister couldn't quite pull the trigger on...
http://www.hicountrymitsubishi.com/new-Albuquerque-2012-Mitsubishi-iMiEV-Base-JA3215H16CU024167

Thanks guys, I'll pass those on.
Once you get beyond a certain radius where the dealers swap cars around,
I don't think the cost increment for coast-to-coast is all that large.
Maybe $3-400 additional for 2500 mi. over say 1000 mi.
So, I think we're looking all over the country. That one in PA is the hottest so far...

Thanks, and keep those dealer sightings coming.
...probably useful to a number of folks.

danpatgal said:
I'm guessing you didn't want to search far and wide (as in Pennsylvania), but there is one here:

http://www.tommasanomitsubishi.com/new-car-inventory.aspx

It's an ES (without QC). Maybe if you pay what they're asking (I think the $19,396 is before tax credits/rebates), they'll ship it for you.

Dan
Actually (depending on which info is correct), it's an SE, even though the header says ES. Pix and description say 2-tone white, which is automatically the SE package. Either way, no QC.

Not that it matters a whole lot, just your preference of brown interior and fog lights. ;)

PV1 said:
Not that it matters a whole lot, just your preference of brown interior and fog lights. ;)
Well, to be fair, you also get the upgraded stereo (more power + rear speakers) and alloy wheels, which some folks do value.

Interesting conversation, though. I advised a couple of fence-sitters earlier this month to take a closer look while there were still 3 cars left in town. As I told them, EVs will almost certainly get better over the next few years, but the odd combination of circumstances that have now made it possible to get one for the price of a Versa are unlikely to be repeated. You can lead a horse to water, but . . .

Anyways, glad I like mine so much and had so much fun driving it for 8 months before the big price drop, or I'd have been aggravated about missing this great deal. I hope a few more folks can get 'em before it starts getting down to bidding the prices back up. I don't think we're getting any more, and it's hard to say what or when Mitsu's next BEV might be (probably not something we'll have to worry about if the Outlander PHEV isn't the hit they're hoping for).

Not that it makes economic sense to do this, but I wonder how much trouble it would be to import a 2013 from Canada? I'm guessing prohibitively expensive (i.e., approaching the price of a Volt or FocusE).

Vike said:
Not that it makes economic sense to do this, but I wonder how much trouble it would be to import a 2013 from Canada? I'm guessing prohibitively expensive (i.e., approaching the price of a Volt or FocusE).
I doubt that importing a Canadian car would be difficult or expensive because the Canadian model is the same North American version as the U.S. model. So there probably wouldn't have to be any modifications. I imported a U.S. car into Sweden which is a bigger difference. I just had to unscrew a couple of side lamps because Sweden doesn't allow yellow side lamps in the front. I had to pay for a registration inspection to ensure among other things that my odometer and speedometer could display km and kph. Easy-peasy.

But Canadian prices for the 2013 i-MiEV were actually increased! So the cost of buying a Canadian i-MiEV would likely be considerably higher than an equivalent 2012 U.S. model. Few people would be willing to pay such a price now with several less expensive EV alternatives.

Sure. I'm going to try to get alloys at the parts desk on my service visit (wrench came on, but side marker light has water in it).

I don't know what Mitsubishi's plan is for the i. I hope they continue with it, as many people I talk to at events really like the car, several offering to buy mine. Anymore, I tell them that the easiest way to find one is to go to autotrader.com. Last I checked, there are 4 within a 100 mile radius, used to be over 15.

It would be nice to have some of the options that the Canadian version has (blue paint, passenger heated seat, 2-mode EVSE). A few upgrades (and a few commercials) would go a long way to making the i a success in the US. It shouldn't take a whole lot to get one here. Road requirements are nearly the same, and Canadian cars would probably be overqualified for the US.

I was offered the same lease deal on either of the i-MiEVs at my dealership — one with the premium package, one without. Those are both sold now, but there are still four premium-package versions at Riverton Mitsubishi in Utah. (They finally sold one of their five a few weeks ago.)

O'Brien Mitsubishi here in Normal, IL has at least a dozen! They have offered several "special" deals thanks to their close relation with Mitsubishi Motors US headquarters located here. I got mine from O'Brien in a two year lease @ $99. per month. Check it out. We LOVE the car!!

Auto Nation (Formerly Champion Mitsubishi) in Houston has three SE models in stock and ready to sell at a great price and fantastic financing. Colors are white, black and raspberry.
This is the dealership where I leased my silver 2012, ES with QC.

Latest check on Autotrader.com shows 95 I-MiEV's for sale in the US, both new and used, versus 2,645 LEAFs.

If you look at the picture from O'Brien Mitsubishi in Normal, IL all of their Mievs are SE premium models. I also did a check of Autotrader.com and found 86 new and used Mievs available nationwide. Of these, two showed as new ES models. A further check of the actual dealer web site showed both ES no longer available. It looks like all that is left are SE premium models and less than 100 of those.

The June 2013 sales figures confirm a lack of inventory for the Miev. 39 were sold compared to 2,225 Leafs and 2,698 Volts. It would be nice if Mitsubishi would just come out and say what their plans are for the Miev in the USA rather than be silent. With less than 100 Mievs still in dealer hands why not say what your plans are. Their web site is touting the 2014 models except for the Miev, which is still shown as 2012 with no explanation. Not even the $10,000 rebate is listed on the site.

Really sad.

I really hope they have a good reason for holding out so long. The MiEV and the Galant are two cars they list as 2012, and they've announced the end of the Galant at the start of the 2013 model year. I'd like to know why they discontinued the Galant, those things are everywhere. I'm giving thoughts to calling Corporate to see if I can get any answers. Maybe they forgot about the US???

I've had several people offer to buy my car at events. I guess they thought I worked for Mitsubishi because of my window spec sheets (those have turned out to be very helpful. Had my first "in the wild" conversation last weekend at Walmart, liking my car.)

Back