foglights package

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senapati

My i car(ES) has the foglight+DRL package. Are the daytime running lamps in the foglights or in the headlights? I saw that the foglights are on and don't get switched off until I turn on headlights...when I switch headlights off again, the foglights turn on.

senapati said:
My i car(ES) has the foglight+DRL package. Are the daytime running lamps in the foglights or in the headlights? I saw that the foglights are on and don't get switched off until I turn on headlights...when I switch headlights off again, the foglights turn on.
What you're seeing is the DRL's and not the foglights

There are two bulbs in there - A small 13 watt light for the DRL's which are always on *if* the headlights are not and a larger 35 watt halogen foglight which only comes on when you manually switch it on and the low beam headlights are also on. If you're using the foglights, they go off when you select high beam and they come on again when you return to low beam

Don

How hard is it to open the foglights to change bulbs? Can the bulbs be changed or does the whole housing get changed when one burns out?

senapati said:

I asked my mitsubishi dealer if he could take the bulbs out as the lights stayed on all the time. The answer was that here in the UK it is the law that all new cars have working Daytime Running Lamps. I told them that the lights look like Front Fog lamps,

PV1 said:
How hard is it to open the foglights to change bulbs? Can the bulbs be changed or does the whole housing get changed when one burns out?
Don't think anyone has done it yet, but you change the bulb, not the entire housing

Don

Back