New Owner In Blo/No

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamblinBrad

So after seeing a couple shove a gigantic box into the back of their iMiEV last Saturday we stopped in for a test drive. Surprisingly enough I fit in the car fine, it was about the same fit as my 02 Chevy Tracker in fact. We talked about it for a few days then went in to lease one and ended up just buying one. After all the rebates and everything the car is going to run us around 10k. Even did another couple a solid and let them get my 2k company rebate since she had her badge on her when we stopped the first time.

I'll be the long haired biker guy driving the electric car if you see me. Well, that is if it isn't raining or cold and I am out on one of the bikes instead. Have plans for some simple vinyl decoration but I'll post that when I get that done. Sure I'll have some questions later on after I drive it a bit more.

Welcome Brad! You're not the only motorcycle enthusiast around here

The amount of room in the car, plus it's easy entry and exit are just amazing for a small car, aren't they?

Don

RamblinBrad said:
So .......I'll be the long haired biker guy driving the electric car if you see me. Well, that is if it isn't raining or cold and I am out on one of the bikes instead. Have plans for some simple vinyl decoration but I'll post that when I get that done. Sure I'll have some questions later on after I drive it a bit more.

Hi Brad,

As a bit of an ex short haired biker I can relate.

Don't know if it registered on you yet, but the mild electric-sounding hum you hear at low speed is synthetic. It kicks in any time speed drops below 22mph. only stops when at a dead stop or above 22mph. Without that it would be virtually totally silent. Designers were afraid, maybe justifiably, that in parking lots,etc, EVs would sort of sneak up on pedestrians and freak 'em out or even hit 'em .

My geek son proposed for fun we change the tone to sound to sound like a Harley.
So far we haven't figured out how to do that but you sound like our perfect tester. ;)

Alex

RamblinBrad said:
. Even did another couple a solid and let them get my 2k company rebate since she had her badge on her when we stopped the first time.

I'll be the long haired biker guy driving the electric car if you see me. Well, that is if it isn't raining or cold and I am out on one of the bikes instead. Have plans for some simple vinyl decoration but I'll post that when I get that done. Sure I'll have some questions later on after I drive it a bit more.

Welcome

What 2K rebate? How do you get them?

You should post some picture of you fitting in the Miev.
:lol:

Brad, welcome as a new iMiEV owner.
So, Blo/No means Bloomington- Normal, as in Illinois.
Your dealer there had some sweet deals!
We'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, but first you might spend a little time and peruse this Website/Forum as there is already a wealth of information here.

Yes. Normal, Illinois is a very EV friendly town. I enjoy driving my wife's iMiev and waving at the
local iMiev drivers..... there are quite a few. Thanks to my enthusiasm there are now three
close friends with iMievs.
We're leasing since February and are 100% satisfied at this point.

Went to Home Depot tonight in the i-MiEV and picked up 75 2x4's, 12 landscaping timbers, a whirlpool tub and some other things. Of course I rented one of their big trucks to take it all home but hey I only needed the truck for and hour.

@Alex I was actually wondering about that hum this morning on the way to work. Thought it might have been something like that since it went away then came back.

@camiev The extra rebate was a discount through our places of employment. Each of us had it so I gave another couple a hookup.

@JoeS yea the dealer here has some nice deals and a few left then they are gone.

@mhdicke I'm sure we'll see you around town at some point, will be sure to wave.

For 10K, I want another Miev, if someone can hook me up, please.

Mitsu set out to sell the most affordable EV. They succeeded.

The Miev pricing converted many of us ICE drivers too.

That is a good thing.

Thanks Mitsu.

Hey Ramblin! I am about to join the BloNo Fleet! Put down a deposit on one today!! Where do you work that you got the extra rebate? Big Brother SF? :lol: I am at ISU.... But very excited to get rollin!

Does http://www.obrienteamnormal.com/ has 35 in stock for sure?

I googled some VIN, it seems like they bought from some other dealers for their stock.

Anyone can share some insights?

Thanks

http://www.obrienteamnormal.com/

RedbirdDive said:
Hey Ramblin! I am about to join the BloNo Fleet! Put down a deposit on one today!! Where do you work that you got the extra rebate? Big Brother SF? :lol: I am at ISU.... But very excited to get rollin!

Inside EVs is highlighting a deal for an i-MiEV for $18655. Take off the $7500 Federal tax reduction and you've got an i-MiEV around $11K. If you're fortunate enough to live in California, Colorado, or another state with additional rebates, you could get your i-MiEV for less than $10K! :eek:

http://insideevs.com/ev-deal-of-the-day-new-mitsubishi-i-miev-18655/

RedbirdDive said:

SF or COUNTRY will work for that extra rebate. Just find someone and ask them to do it, can use it 3 times a year

camiev said:
Does http://www.obrienteamnormal.com/ has 35 in stock for sure?

I googled some VIN, it seems like they bought from some other dealers for their stock.

Anyone can share some insights?

Thanks

O'Brien does have at least 20 left in the lot down there. I think they got the remaining stock avialble in the US. Tons of these things all over this city. Wen't by the hospital the other day and thought I would get a fill up but there were 3 MiEV's already on the charges and 2 others parked nearby.

steph said:
Welcome RamblinBrad,

As a biker in this tiny car, you might feel driving IN a top case ! :mrgreen:

Actually this car has just as much room as the Chevy Tracker I got rid of. Tiny bit less space in the back with the seat down but that's about it really.

RamblinBrad said:
SF or COUNTRY will work for that extra rebate. Just find someone and ask them to do it, can use it 3 times a year

Hello from B/N also :) We have several good friends that work at SF. Could you please explain the rebate so we can ask them about it? :D

I've never heard them mention it when they talk about their benefits, so I'm not sure if they know about it. I guess I don't understand how it would work.. would we have to give them the money and they buy the car... but then we couldn't get the federal tax credit? :?

Hey, Brad, et al from Blo/No! I just recently purchased my i-MiEV. Had to buy it sight unseen and have my local dealer ship it up from Blo/No. It came from O'Brien Mitsu. So, my i has some Redbird blood in it!

jlhiowa said:
RamblinBrad said:

Hello from B/N also :) We have several good friends that work at SF. Could you please explain the rebate so we can ask them about it? :D

I've never heard them mention it when they talk about their benefits, so I'm not sure if they know about it. I guess I don't understand how it would work.. would we have to give them the money and they buy the car... but then we couldn't get the federal tax credit? :?

The company has a ton of rebates throughout the town, if they want to know where to find these just tell them to look on the SFEA site in the companies intranet. To get the rebate at O'Brien they'll just need to show up there, flash a badge and sign a piece of paper. That SF rebate is good for any car btw and a few other dealerships offer the same thing. I worked with Chico when I picked up my MiEV

Back