Bought brand new for less than $16,000!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olagon

Aloha all, our local Misubishi dealer is offer brand new iMievs for less than $16,000 with tax credit and all fees and taxes taken into consideration. Love the car so far but am a bit worried about the crash test results so will be doing more research over the coming weeks. In case anyone is interested, they have 5 left at about this price http://www.cuttermitsubishi.com/VehicleSearchResults?offer=16993170&search=new&year=2012&make=Mitsubishi&model=i-MiEV&trim=all&cs:eek:=16993170

Welcome to the forum!

That's a terrific deal - I'm sure you'll be happy with the car . . . . the longer you own it, the more you come to appreciate how well designed it is

Don

The crash test results are actually very good for a car with no front overhang. Both the NHTSA and EUROCAP rate the car 4 stars. If the car was heavier (and less efficient!) and had a longer front overhang, I'm certain it would get a 5 star rating.

This car is perfect for Hawaii. I don't think I ever got over 45MPH when I was driving around Oahu on business, except for my one trip on the freeway. Even the mountains on the east side of the island should be easy for the i-MiEV to climb... not to mention a lot of regen on the downhill side!

Welcome to the forum. The price is pretty good, but it probably would cost a fortune to ship the car back to the mainland.
Does anyone have an estimated cost?

Thx

olagon said:
Aloha all, our local Misubishi dealer is offer brand new iMievs for less than $16,000 with tax credit and all fees and taxes taken into consideration. Love the car so far but am a bit worried about the crash test results so will be doing more research over the coming weeks. In case anyone is interested, they have 5 left at about this price http://www.cuttermitsubishi.com/VehicleSearchResults?offer=16993170&search=new&year=2012&make=Mitsubishi&model=i-MiEV&trim=all&cs:eek:=16993170

camiev said:
The price is pretty good, but it probably would cost a fortune to ship the car back to the mainland.
Does anyone have an estimated cost?
The Cutter Mitsubishi Website isn't the best. Despite their cars being listed as ES's, they are all SE's.

Prior to purchasing my i-MiEV in Honolulu, I was investigating buying an i-MiEV in a city close to a port serving Honolulu. The shipping cost was just over $1,000. Even though prices were better in these port cities compared with the one Honolulu dealer, the costs weren't $1,000 less. The Honolulu dealer had one SE that he had received prior to the i-MiEV price increase, so I was able to buy it at the end of December for ~$22,000 after the Federal tax credit. We needed a car, so waiting for the price reduction which I was confident would happen wasn't an option.

olagon, I think you'll find your i-MiEV ideal for Oahu where you can drive almost anywhere without a recharge. I have driven around the island stopping for a hour of free charging at the Turtle Bay Resort which has 6 charging cables. I haven't paid a cent for charging by using one of the many free public charging stations.

alohart said:
olagon, I think you'll find your i-MiEV ideal for Oahu where you can drive almost anywhere without a recharge. I have driven around the island stopping for a hour of free charging at the Turtle Bay Resort which has 6 charging cables. I haven't paid a cent for charging by using one of the many free public charging stations.

Thanks Art! So far so good. I think the range is perfect for Oahu except town to North Shore without a stop to charge.

camiev said:
Welcome to the forum. The price is pretty good, but it probably would cost a fortune to ship the car back to the mainland.

Thanks! I think $1,000 for shipping to common ports on the west coast of the mainland is what I have been told.

I tried to compare safety rating of the miev vs. 2013 Chevrolet Spark (they don't have EV version on site yet),
2013 Nissan Leaf and the 2013 Fiat 500e.

Only the Miev has rating. The others don't have any rating. Why is that? Don't they required to have rating?
The Spark and Leaf are on the market for quite sometimes.

In practical terms, what the different between 4 vs 5 star. Can you survive T-bone by a SUV in the MIEV. I know the Miev has Mitisubishi RISE platform to protect the passengers.

Any insights?

Thanks

aarond12 said:
The crash test results are actually very good for a car with no front overhang. Both the NHTSA and EUROCAP rate the car 4 stars. If the car was heavier (and less efficient!) and had a longer front overhang, I'm certain it would get a 5 star rating.

This car is perfect for Hawaii. I don't think I ever got over 45MPH when I was driving around Oahu on business, except for my one trip on the freeway. Even the mountains on the east side of the island should be easy for the i-MiEV to climb... not to mention a lot of regen on the downhill side!

camiev said:
In practical terms, what the different between 4 vs 5 star.
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=6749

Not all cars are tested by the NHTSA. It wasn't until recently that the LEAF was tested, even though it's been on the market for 3 years.

As for being T-boned by an SUV, the front passengers are safer than the rear passengers. Look through the site to see explanations.

aarond12 said:
camiev said:
In practical terms, what the different between 4 vs 5 star.
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicles/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=6749

Not all cars are tested by the NHTSA. It wasn't until recently that the LEAF was tested, even though it's been on the market for 3 years.

As for being T-boned by an SUV, the front passengers are safer than the rear passengers. Look through the site to see explanations.

As much as I love driving this car, after reviewing this site I am not feeling comfortable with my kids in the back unless it is a short, slow traffic urban trip. There are too many distracted drivers today.

You can get a minivan for better protection. If you look, Leaf, Versa, Corrolla, Fit, Fiesta, RAV4 pretty much get 4 stars. Pretty much all sub compact.

I kind of supprise to see Pilot also get 4 star, many highend Acura, and Infinity also has 4 stars. What is your other car, look up to see if it fare better.

Back