With $10,000.00 off , got the second IMIEV!!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clovi

I don't know if this exists somewhere else , but I have in front of my house , 2 IMIEVs. I did not take a picture. Just got the second one today. I'll post ASAP. Will be my wife's. Seems crazy , but today, this is the cheapest new car in America , after the $7500.00 credit. Just doing the math., it is impossible to don't get it. The 2nd is better (Vino)and cheaper than the first (Bianco) , because the $10k disc. from Mitsu.
Get this:
Bianco cost me $380.00 (month).
Vino, $309.00.
If we subtract the $7500.00 credit on the price of the cars , we'll find ~30% of the cost getting back.
So:
Bianco : ~$270.00
Vino : ~$217.00
Total : ~$487.00
Monthly cost with gasoline (My wife and me) before IMIEVs - ~$500.00!!!!!

OK , these numbers are not exactly , how our lives always aren't. Always something happen, but...
OK , they are new and the insurances will cost a bit more, I need to charge at home (ridiculous ~$50.00 month) , but no oil, filter, timing belt etc... change , and no gas stations anymore. Does Mitsu knows that??? Why they don't advertise something like that , instead this "be green " add???
The car is good.
The car is coll.
The car is awesome!! :D

Let me guess: Bianco is white and Vino is raspberry? Great job getting two i-MiEVs! If I had a three-car garage, I would jump on this too. (In my neighborhood, you don't leave ANY car outside.)

You are probably the first to have two in one residence. But, my brother owns one and his wife owns a Leaf - and my father also has an i MiEV! That's 3 EV's in one family/two residences.

We need more multi-EV families! :)

JoeS said:
clovi, congratulations! So, where are you located and how much did you pay for what model how equipped, as I'm bemused by monthly accounting?
Tks. Simple. Because the cars average in price about 24K (27K (Bianco)+ 21K (Vino,) ), the tax credit is ~ 30% of the total. So if want to put this money back on the principal, you will reduce the monthly payments in about 30%. Because I was expending ~$500.00 on gas every month (my average was ~$320.00 for me and ~$200.00 my wife), I'm basically paying the cars with my old gasoline expenses. I was thinking to buy a basic gas car for my wife (Chevy Spark or Kia RIO or Hyundai Accent, when the dealer called me offering the ES for 21K. After do the math., that was the cheapest new car in America, without gas expenses!!!.OK, you need to charge, I understand. Charging expenses for me will be lees than $50.00 a month for both cars!!! :D I live in Leesburg VA (USA). I drive 6 days a week to Arlington VA (~35 miles) and during the day I (2 or 3 times a week) go to Bethesda MD or Merrifield VA. I bought Bianco on 12/27 . I have 8100 miles on Bianco's odometer!
Bianco is ES with Quick charge package, and Vino is SE without navigation system. :D

aarond12 said:
Let me guess: Bianco is white and Vino is raspberry? Great job getting two i-MiEVs! If I had a three-car garage, I would jump on this too. (In my neighborhood, you don't leave ANY car outside.)
Yes. They call Rosewood!! I don't have garage , only driveway, but cool. I can charge both without any problem.

I think everyone living in a house which is outside a city center should have an EV.

It is like an extension of the house. Mae goes with a parking space at walking distance of the nearest railway station (at least for European way of life).

Real estate promoters should offer EVs to new home owners. That would push the sales ;)

I think anyone with teenager should have an Imiev.
Teen can have mileage allowance every day for 62 miles.
You know for sure they can't run off on road trip with their friends.
:lol:

Llecentaur said:
I think everyone living in a house which is outside a city center should have an EV.

It is like an extension of the house. Mae goes with a parking space at walking distance of the nearest railway station (at least for European way of life).

Real estate promoters should offer EVs to new home owners. That would push the sales ;)

camiev said:
I think anyone with teenager should have an Imiev.
Teen can have mileage allowance every day for 62 miles.
You know for sure they can't run off on road trip with their friends.
:lol:

We're one step ahead of you, buddy- myself and both of the only two iMiEV owners that I've met in person have young daughters who will 'inherit' the MiEVs in 8-10 years. Two of us drive silver cars, but daddy #3 even let his daughter pick a raspberry one to seal the deal that it will be her first car! :roll:

Back