Dealers refusing to carry the iMiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

My closest dealer, Korum Mitsu in Puyallup WA has told me that after their last in-stock car (SE) is sold, they will not be getting any more iMiEV deliveries. I asked if this was a Mitsu thing or a dealer decision, they said is was the dealer's decision.
:(
Anybody else seen a dealer refuse to carry the car? (Many have tried to sell us 'out of the i' and into something else.)

Would Korum Mitsu order a new i-MiEV or arrange to have one transferred from another dealer if a customer wanted an i-MiEV? If not, I would think that Mitsubishi Motors would not be happy. But then, I know nothing about the relationship between a dealer and a manufacturer.

When we bought ours, dealers had to volunteer and get special training in order to be able to sell/service them and many dealerships either refused or did not get the required training - Mitsu would not allow an untrained dealer to handle the EV's, so I doubt you could order one from an unqualified dealership . . . . who would service the car?

Our dealer had an allotment of cars which were supposed to be destined for another dealership, but when they didn't qualify, the cars were sent here and we bought one off the lot - No waiting

Don

With Nissan cutting their price by 6K. MiEV price is less attractive. Buyers opt to buy Leaf instead. I heard that 2013 in Canada will get 4K price increase? Tough sale for dealers? That's why they dont want to carry MiEV.
They required to be certified etc... and they have to sell MiEV at a loss. No wonder they don't want to carry MiEV.

It is typical for a dealer to discount at least 6K off MSRP like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/d3m6hm4

Back