New 2012 SE for $20.5K

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

There's a brand new one (22 miles on it) for sale on eBay in Philadelphia PA for only $20.5K . . . . Buy It Now. The window sticker says $33K. If someone could buy this and then get the government $7500 tax credit, they would have a super deal on a brand new iMiEV!! :shock:

Hurry - Listing ends tomorrow

Don

lawjds said:
No tax credit already titled
Did you call and talk to them? It says, 'You can be the first owner' so it didn't sound like it was already titled to me . . . . only 22 miles - Who titles a car and only drives is 22 miles?

Don

Don said:
Who titles a car and only drives is 22 miles?
A local dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (whom I will not name) purchased several Nissan LEAFs, took the $7500 tax rebate, and now is trying to sell them as new at FULL retail price, even though they are currently titled to the dealership. It made me so angry to see they were trying to scam customers (and the government) that way.

If you can get the SE for $20K, more power (heh) to you! I got the awesome lease deal, but for a $20K purchase, I might have jumped on that instead. That's one hell of a deal.

For anyone interested, I'm not the one who purchased the car, but I did contact the seller, who said that the tax credit could be claimed. Assuming he understands how it works (and wasn't lying to me), that must mean he has a dealer license and made some sort of dealer-to-dealer sale without titling it. I would have clarified the details if I'd purchased it, but I've been checking out my local leasing and buying options first.

I had talked with the seller and actually thought we had an agreement (less than the 20.5K asking) but that I wanted verification that the vehicle was eligible for the tax rebate. He said he'd check on that and call me right back... he never did. When I finally reached him the following day, he said it was sold. Hope somebody got a good deal. So much for adventurous touring of the East Coast in my favorite EV...

The dealers (at least in my area of SW PA) are offering $6,000 off of the car and 0% at 48 months. I had mine out the door for less than $27,000 if anybody's interested. It's good until the end of February.

JoeS said:
I had talked with the seller and actually thought we had an agreement (less than the 20.5K asking) but that I wanted verification that the vehicle was eligible for the tax rebate. He said he'd check on that and call me right back... he never did. When I finally reached him the following day, he said it was sold. Hope somebody got a good deal. So much for adventurous touring of the East Coast in my favorite EV...

I think I saw that it sold for around $18,700 before I was able to ask anymore questions. Another dodgy thing was that he said he could add the cold package for $350, but isn't part of that done at the factory? My guess is the car had the cold package, and he was just hoping to earn an extra $350 off someone who wanted the cold package.

I'd rather buy locally, but none of the dealers in my area seem completely disinterested in selling their iMiEVs, despite all having 2-5 in stock. They keep emailing me form letters, but whenever I ask actual questions they ignore me.

Back