I've just exceeded my best range.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulnoth

Forgive this post if it's getting boring but It's exciting for me.

I'm in the U.K. and we've not had much of a summer this year, moderate heat today 17 Centigrade and much rain.

I fully charged the car from near empty on Monday, did 56 miles then parked up until today.

After a road closed incident when low on charge, I was amazed to see 92.2 miles when I got to the charger, the car was showing 3 miles left and when I plugged in the rapid charger it reported 12 and 1/2 % battery left.

It's not often I get a reading from full to empty but the two previous bests were 85 / 86 miles.

Wulnoth, congratulations! Like we keep saying, the car's range is whatever you want it to be - simply adjust your driving accordingly.

The next time you fully recharge after a long and careful trip, note the end Range Remaining display - if it exceeds 109 miles, be sure to snap a photograph as that would be a new record you could post on this thread:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=329

Cheers!

Sorry about keeping always repeating the same thing. I believe its impossible to get more then 109 miles mRR in an I-MiEV. The value is mathematically obtained by the car, and the upper limit is 109 miles. I tried many times to get a higher number.

Malm said:
...I believe its impossible to get more then 109 miles mRR in an I-MiEV. The value is mathematically obtained by the car, and the upper limit is 109 miles. I tried many times to get a higher number.
Hope springs eternal... (Alexander Pope). Maybe we should start a "109 mile / 175 km" club on that Maximum RR thread, with posted photos to prove it? :)

It will be a very exclusive club. For now, only two members. My photo is here somewhere. But the majority of you will never get a chance to achieve it. To achieve that, the car should recalculate its capacity to an higher number at the end of some time.

Back