noises rear left side (driver side)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braineo

I'm hearing some clunking noises in the rear suspension while driving my 2012 iMiev SE I just picked up this past December. Seems like something is loose. Anyone else had same issues? How was it fixed?

Check the child seat safty tie down points. The snap covers can open and something could fall into the cavity that moves around on bumps.

braineo said:
Anyone else had same issues? How was it fixed?
Ideas can be all over the map. I heard a noise for a while and lived with it. And then I heard the same noise when I closed my back door. Then it dawned on me my license plate was loose!

See my new post on the Norwegian Black Edition thread regarding lowering springs.

In short, after installing lowering springs, my i has a rumble in the drivetrain, strongest under acceleration between 40 and 50 mph, but apparent even on jackstands with the motor idling forward. On the jackstands, the suspension is at full droop, so it can't be related to my springs, but the shallower driveline angle allowed the defect to become apparent earlier.

That's my theory, at least...

Back