Minerva TIRES..? Minerva S310 145/65R15 Comments? Thoughts?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgalvinmi

Looking at some new Minerva S310 Tires, 145/65R15 Has anyone tried or used any? any thoughts or comments? Says they are "winter" tires.....does that mean you cannot use all season? thanks! Bob

Never heard of them and even after an Internet search, still don't know much. Self described as 'budget' tires for 'less demanding' drivers they are made either in one European factory or one of two 'Asian' factories, which I guess means . . . . just about anywhere. The S310's are definitely winter tires and even if I was interested in buying 'budget' tires, I wouldn't buy winter tires for my everyday wheels

Don

Living in Quebec Canada and with the obligatory laws up here,
We have to install snow tires for the winter months.
Last fall I installed the Minerva S110 snow tires for the rear and I found Minerva 310 snow tires for the front.
I drove 11,000 miles, 18,00km with them this winter
They are very affordable and I was satisfied with their performance in our heavy snowfall winters.

The are a little noisier than summer tires (as snow tires normally are) and noisy on hard cornering .
Overall I'm satisfied with them ,
So much so that I found and also ordered a pair of Minerva - Emi Zero HP All Season - 175/60R15 81V rear summer tires for the future.

It's hard to gauge range loss with winter tires -
As for the summer tires , they were rated as low rolling resistance , don't know exact specs or how they perform , I guess I'll find out later on.
I could not find matching front summer tires but I have a new set of continentals in the garage

Back