New tires

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyflyjohn

First of all, I want to comment on how badly the "search" function on this site sucks. I know I've read some info on how different brands of eco tires perform on the Miev. I just replaced two front tires on my Miev of three years, with nearly 30K on them. The dealer could only find Continental brand as replacements, and I was wondering how they fare in terms of affecting mileage/distance per charge. Any info is appreciated.

I haven't noticed much of any range loss with Continentals on the front. I'm still running Dunlop rear tires due to the i-MiEV's very strict ASC not liking the slightly smaller Continental rear tires.

The Continentals don't seem to have as much grip as Dunlop, but then again the roads aren't as smooth as they were last year. Just yesterday my right front rim suffered damage from a patch on a main road. I swear the back of the car came clear off the ground :twisted: .

Another piece of advice, don't ever try to return Continental tires. It took them 6 months and two attempts to finally refund my tires (had the rear two returned).

psyflyjohn said:
First of all, I want to comment on how badly the "search" function on this site sucks.
It's been lamented before. The best solution for searching is to use a site search in Google. For example use a search string like: "tires site:myimiev.com".

We have not got new tires yet after almost 30k on our iMiev, so I can't help you there.

:| :?: :?:

I took Bear into the local dealer for two new rear tires and the airbag sensor recall. I just got a call that they mounted the new tires and rotated them to the front :eek: . After trying to explain that the tires are staggered and can't be rotated, he said the tech advised it as the front tread depth wasn't as deep (the fronts are fairly new with about 3,000 miles on them).

All in all, a real headscratcher, but he almost immediately called back and apologized for the confusion, as they don't see many i-MiEVs. He assured me that they put new tires on the back and didn't rotate them. We shall see.

I guess he was thinking of the Mirage.

Back