RR in kilometres

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheky

My Range Remaining display is in kilometres
Although not a significant problem, I prefer not having to calculate the range in miles since all road signs are in miles

I posted in another thread a few days back, but here's how to switch to miles...

Press the display button repeatedly until you bring up the main (not the trip) odometer. Press and HOLD the button for a couple seconds- you should see the speedometer change to miles (it must have been reading in km/h if your RR is in km). Release the button and cycle through to RR and it should now be in miles.

hi

One can change RR and speedometer from miles to km. And what about the Trip A and Trip B and odometer total count?

Reread the post above yours - He says to select the main odometer reading (not the trip meters) and press and hold. It will change *everything* (speedometer, odometer and both trip odometers) from Kms to miles and back again. They all read in the same measurement together,either miles or Kms

Don

Hi Don

I'm new in this forum.
As I test this instructions only change "Speedometer" and "Cruising range indicator".
And not affected to any other options like: Trip odometer (A/B), Service .

If someone know hot change them???

Reagrds

So far as I know, everything (odometer, both trip meters and the RR display) are all the same, displayed either in miles or kilometers. My wife accidentally switched her car to Km's one time and was a bit perplexed why 60 was so slow . . . . .
When I switched it back, everything went back to miles with just the one selection done while the odometer was on the display

Don

Hi Don

Thanks for replay.
I'm sorry, you can check in owner manuals those steps change only "Speedometer" and "Cruising range indicator". :(

This is really strange. if I'm changing "Cruising range indicator" to km or mile, this mean I need to change everything. I do not understand engineer who did this :) this is bug :)

Regards
Mikheil

Hello Kalosha, and welcome to the forum.

Inasmuch as we have members from all around the world with a variety of i-MiEVs of different years, in order to let us understand your scenario perhaps you can -

1. Let us know where you are located
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3196

2. Tell us which year and model i-MiEV (or Peugeot iOn or Citroen C-Zero) you own

Like Don, I did not realize that we had more than one option in selecting between miles and kilometers. Perhaps you own an older non-North American i-MiEV? Don't forget, manufacturers are often under the gun to release a model and then subsequently refine their design (especially software).

Hi JoeS

Thank you for replay.
I'm from Georgia and as you can see in my signature I'm have 2012 iMiEV SE White, north american version.
Have some troubles with my MiEV and trying to find out hot to solve them :)

one of the problem is migrating all screens from mile to km :D

Regards
Mikheil

Kalosha, you're right: it looks like a bug in the system, but it is documented on page 3-60 of the Owner's Manual: "The display unit for the cruising range will change to match the selected speedometer's display unit... Even if speedometer's display unit is changed, the display units for the odometer, trip odometer, and service reminder do not change."

Weird, as this is contradicted on page 3-63 where it says "Both trip odometer A and trip odometer B can measure trips up to 9999.9 miles/kilometers."

I would have expected our Canadian friends to be affected by this also - comments, anyone?

As an aside, CaniOn always shows RR in miles even though everything else is metric.

JoeS

yes it looks like bug.

By the way, when I'm trying to connect with CaniOn to my MiEV it disconnecting me all times :( Cant figure out why :( maybe my phone is old one, or "Vgate OBD2" is not working correctly. Have any idea ?

Regards

Back