Cigarette lighter does not work anymore?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKO

Cigarette lighter does not work anymore, test with different 12v gear, as well as measured with multimeter, the 15A fuse is ok, where should I search for the error?

How did you test the fuse? Visually, or did you use an ohm meter to check continuity? Are you sure it's the correct fuse?

Don

Hi Don:
The fuse has sprung a few times and each time I have checked the fuse with my multimeter (ohm).
Fuse no 2 and 15 A for: Accessory socket.

JKO said:
The fuse has sprung a few times . . . .
Not sure what that means - 'Sprung?'

sprang \ˈspraŋ\ or sprung \ˈsprəŋ\; sprung; springing \ˈspriŋ-iŋ\
intransitive verb
1 a (1) :dart, shoot sparks sprang out from the fire (2) :to be resilient or elastic; also :to move by elastic force the lid sprang shut
b :to become warped

If it shot fire, maybe that's the problem?? :lol:

There are many industrial fuses that have spring loaded pins which give a quick visual indication at a distance about the state of the fuse--if it has fused open then the pin has sprung out and can be seen...

Sorry for my English language, but the meaning is that the fuse is not broken, or the fuse is not blown out, the fuse is OK now, but still no 12 VDC in the cigarette lighter.

No worries- I'd bet Don would do worse in Danish!
With a good fuse and no power in the accessory socket/ cigarette lighter, I'd have expected a previous shorting incident that at least let some smoke out while melting wires behind the dash. I haven't taken the time to study the technical information manual and confirm there's no relay in that circuit, but would't expect one. A failed relay (damaged by previous overcurrent) could act that way.

Now I found the error. The terminal at the back of the plug was burned together. A plastic disk and a little violence :x , and it works again.
:mrgreen:

Back