Peugeot iOn radio missing Bluetooth phone options - how to upgrade firmware?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d3matt

I have a 2011 iOn and its radio is missing the phone & bluetooth stuff, yet it is a bluetooth model. A 2012 iOn I had in last week had the identical radio, yet the bluetooth stuff was there. I assume this older one needs a firmware update. Any ideas where I get that from?
This video explains it all.
https://youtu.be/2JixUGoY78o

I can't really help with where to get firmware from, but I have collected the levels shown by the radio in my iON, which is a "13" reg, and the Bluetooth stuff does work - the list is longer than the 3 items shown in your video, youhave to scroll through them to see them all:

SYS 5,34 / V3
DISP f05.10
EQ_C c3.9
EQ_V d01B
CD 08.05
CK 3.24.32
BTP_P HFP
BTA_P AVRCP

When I hit "Menu" I noticed the "Telephone" item was greyed out, then it became solid as my phone paired with it.
Not sure why "Bluetooth" isn't there - could the actual bluetooth thing inside the radio be missing/disconnected?

Does the media selection become available if you connect a USB drive with media on it?

This is a significant difference to the I-MIEV, as this was supplied with a Pioneer generic head unit, that is not coded in any way, nor has Bluetooth, nor has any connectivity menu - i.e. a very typical older gen CD radio head unit.

Does the car come with a head unit manual, and if not do you have the keys to remove it to find the manufacturer and model number, then try looking on the manufacturer specific website.

Just wondering if these were fitted in the factory in Japan, or at the dealerships in the UK. The 4 holes remind me of the old Blaupunkt removal keys.

I'd put my money on it either being Blaupunkt or Clarion.

If it is Clarion, it would be somewhere around here:

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/user-support/software/CZ201E/index.html

All the Peugeot and Citroen models have this stereo. The manual for it is incorporated into the vehicle handbook. Of course, the manual refers to bluetooth pairing etc, but for some reason, the stereo in this 2011 car is missing any mention to bluetooth or telephones from its menus.

Back