Warning lights connecting ODB adaptere??

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meier

Hi guys... Just got the Konnwei ODB adapter and wa curious to use canyon, so I hooked up the adapter turned car on, but a brunch of warning lights came on.
The yellow car with!, ESP and i could not start the car. Removed the adapter and all wokken... Tried again... Same Thing... Am i doing something wrong... Id Rather not bricked the car

Just tried again, this time Canion was connected - but i could not start the car ... anyone have had any experience with this ODB reader

Konnwei kw902

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sales-ELM327-Bluetooth-WiFi-KW902-OBD2-OBD-II-Car-Auto-Diagnostic-Scan-Tools-Software-included/32460182275.html

caniOn uses a communication method that requires high performance and some OBD fail to keep up and experience the issues you describe, and others don't even support the required protocols.
Our App EvBatMon is a little more flexible in terms of OBD as it uses a different protocol, however we still have the occasional iMiEV owner reporting some issues with cheaper OBD. If you want a reliable OBD the Scantools are a great option, however they are one of the most expensive.

I was reading some other stuff here and found this - It seems some ODB/CANBUS connectors can screw up things ...

I have tried mine a couple of times - and every time the cars "exclamation" mark warning comes on ...so guess this is the reason...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Electric Motor Unit Warning Light When Using Remote?
Report this postQuote
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 am

nt2w wrote:
Looks like there's a Technical Service Bulletin that might be tied to this- from the NHTSA's safercar.gov website, dated February 2012:

Make : MITSUBISHI Model : I-MIEV Year : 2012
Manufacturer : MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Service Bulletin Number : TSB-12-54-003 Date of Bulletin : FEB 01, 2012
NHTSA Item Number : 10043650
Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: INSTRUMENT PANEL

I dug into this a little more and found the Technical Service Bulletin-- thanks to BBB Industries' website. This TSB does not appear to be written in response to the EVSE-generated warning light but rather folks tapping the data connector for 12V signal- text highlighted here:

Aftermarket devices can interfere with CAN-BUS
communication and may cause intermittent
flashing or illumination of the instrument panel
warning lights, multiple DTCs, and possible
drivability concerns. These devices include, but
are not limited to the following:

-Devices that include remote diagnostics
-Data loggers
-GPS vehicle tracking devices
-Other devices that have not been approved
by Mitsubishi Motors.

So, the hunt goes on...

Rich

That's an imitation device made to look like the scantool OBDLink, but based upon the elm 327 chip, which has been repeatedly exposed as worthless for using with Canion.

Back