"ERROR" on miev remote GHW-M002 Omron

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaseadam

I keep getting the antenna and "ERROR" message from my remote when I turn the remote on. This happens when plugged in and not plugged in. This was working a month ago. Any ideas how to reset or re-pair the remote (or remote system in the car?

chaseadam, in your first post you mentioned that you purchased a used i-MiEV without the Remote. You now have one that had been working but stopped.

1. Whereabouts are you located?
2. Where did you get your Remote and how did you get it working in the first place?

How close to the car are you when trying the remote? Do you have the antenna extended on the remote?

Besides what Joe said, it is possible that the receiver in the car came unplugged from the antenna. I found with my car that it wasn't plugged in correctly from the factory and didn't make a connection to the antenna.

I purchased another miev which had the remote and it was working. I have since sold the non-remote MiEV. I read up on some of the incompatibilities with the remote timer and the EVSE. I had two mitsubishi EVSEs and sold one with the other non-remote MiEV. Can someone point me to the antenna connector so I can verify it is installed properly?

I was able to get it to work once or twice recently, not sure what did it.

I get the "ERROR" nearly instantly as I turn on the remote (one blink of the antenna and then ERROR and the antenna).

I just ran out to the car and noticed if I stand in a particular spot it works, but doesn't as I move around the car. Seems like the antenna needs to be checked.

Yes, the antenna was pulled out.

My remote, when not in range, blinks the antenna 11 times then displays ERROR. With it erroring that quickly, I wonder if there is something wrong with the remote itself or if it is picking up interference.

The antenna connector is not easy to get to, but can be found under the trim piece at the base of the right hand side sail window (small triangular window just ahead of the front door). There is a small, black co-ax cable that plugs into a slot mounted right to the glass. It might also be possible to get at this connector from under the dash, but there are differences in construction between the NA and EU versions.

Back