C-Zero radio code reset

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsantala

The radio in the C-Zero asks for a code if you need to disconnect the 12V battery, which when tinkering with the vehicle can happen surprisingly often. The problem is I don't have the code and the reseller didn't have it either. They can reset it so that it doesn't ask for it anymore, but on the next battery disconnect the code is again needed.

So the question is, would anyone happen to know a DIY way to reset the radio code query on a C-Zero? Through the OBD2-port most probably. Any software solution? Could CaniOn do it?

on my ion i had to get the car to the dealer, they used a PC and got the code from the car/radio. Tok maybe 5 min.

Had mine reset again this morning. They told me they can get the code, but they have to input it with the tester. Well, whatever. If it becomes a problem again I'll install an aftermarket radio. Perhaps a 1-DIN Android to get permanent CaniOn solution as well. I may lose the emergency 112 dial button though. Another button can be used to call Citroën service. I think it uses the built-in radio.

doanabogdan said:
Hello friends
the code finds the radio code manual and they only have the last 4 digits
The radio code for the factory radio can be easily retrieved on an Ion / C-Zero using Diagbox 7.xx and a Lexia 3 interface. It can also "unblock" the radio if the wrong code had been entered too many times.

When I bought my Ion the radio was not working because the 12v battery had been disconnected, and was also blocked and no longer accepting entry of codes due to too many wrong attempts. The seller did not have the code (the owners manual was lost) and Peugeot will charge £20 to unlock the radio.

I plugged my Lexia 3 in and had the radio unlocked and working and a copy of the code for future reference in just a few minutes. I have since used that code when I unplugged the radio and confirmed it does work.

Not sure where you are based, but try to find someone local to you with Diagbox 7.xx and a Lexia 3 and they should be able retrieve the radio code for you. Otherwise you can pay Citroen or Peugeot to unlock it for you with proof of ownership of the car.

Radio code must be in car manual. But in my manual is only empty box (stupid dealer).
I bought chinese lexia fullchip cable, becase dealer want 1/2 price of cable ... Buy own diagnostics is better choice for me. You can do more things, like run battery calibration.
My other problem was radio button dim sets to 0%. In night just radio button total dark. With lexia diagnostics I can set radio LCD and button brightness.

Other option is find someone near with lexia diagnostics or visit citroen dealer.

Hi all. I have a fairly common problem with cars, but for me it is a serious problem because my radio asks me for a code, after I changed the car's battery, and I don't have that code. I understood that that code should be in the car book, but I don't have it and I have no where to get that code. This problem is quite crazy because I can no longer listen to music in the car.
Today I researched on the internet and while looking for a way to solve the problem I found this radio unlocking tool. I would like to buy but I am not so sure and I would like an opinion from you so that I can convince myself to use it. https://radiocodefinder.com/#brands

misufoarfeca said:
Today I researched on the internet and while looking for a way to solve the problem I found this radio unlocking tool. I would like to buy but I am not so sure and I would like an opinion from you so that I can convince myself to use it. https://radiocodefinder.com/#brands

Don’t bother, doesn’t look like Peugeot or Citroën are supported, as suggested in this thread you either bring it to a dealer or get your own Lexia /Diagbox clone to do it yourself.

Mickey

Back