How do you save a radio channel to memory?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Use the up and down buttons in the middle of the volume knob to pick a radio station.
2. Hold down the Track up/Next button until you see Ch. 1 come up on the radio.
3. Use the up and down buttons in the middle of the volume knob to select a preset (1-6).
4. Hold down the Track up/Next button until Ch. 1 stops blinking.

That station is now in the presets. Use the Track Up/Next and Track Down/Previous buttons to scroll through the presets (the rocker buttons to the bottom left of the radio).

Thanks!

After 2+ years of ownership, I realized I had no idea how to do this - We have a memory stick with about 400 songs in the USB port and I can't remember the last time we even had the audio system in the radio mode . . . . maybe during the test drive??

Don

No problem. I have a 32 GB flash drive with music on it, but I find I only listen to 4 or 5 artists/compilations. I've been listening to the radio lately because I'm tired of bouncing between Paul Simon, Scorpions, and Jackson Browne.

I use my USB for Poco....Janet Jackson.....and jamiroquai.....not to mention the beach boys and klaatu!
The sound system on our imiev is great.

PV1 said:
1. Use the up and down buttons in the middle of the volume knob to pick a radio station.
2. Hold down the Track up/Next button until you see Ch. 1 come up on the radio.
3. Use the up and down buttons in the middle of the volume knob to select a preset (1-6).
4. Hold down the Track up/Next button until Ch. 1 stops blinking.

That station is now in the presets. Use the Track Up/Next and Track Down/Previous buttons to scroll through the presets (the rocker buttons to the bottom left of the radio).

Yay!

Thanks, works great. I think that it was step 4 that is missing from the 2014 manual.

Glad I could help. I never checked my manual to see if that process was in there. Right now, I couldn't tell you where my manual is. :eek:

PV1 said:
Glad I could help. I never checked my manual to see if that process was in there. Right now, I couldn't tell you where my manual is. :eek:
Thanks for posting these details so clearly and succinctly PV1, I'm sure they'll be helpful to many. I think I did consult the manual, which got me most of the way there, but if it left out a step or two I didn't notice. This radio has a uniquely awful user interface, and not only for advanced features. Be honest, you did laugh out loud when you learned what it took to turn the bloody thing off, didn't you? Most of the time I find it easier to just turn down the volume.

Now, a confession - perversely, I find all this terribly amusing. The i-MiEV's radio is a triumph (if such is the right word) of functionality over user-friendliness (this may not apply to the SE Premium, but I never had enough interest in that model to investigate). If you haven't figured out how to program radio stations or randomly play the contents of a thumb drive or CD full of MP3 tracks, you owe it to yourself some pleasant Saturday afternoon to break out the manual and play around with all this. It puts me in mind of my first music player, a gorgeous little iRiver H320 that did everything short of juggling while stunt-riding, but had its array of functions randomly sprayed around a menu structure so convoluted that mastering it required study and regular practice. There was actually a certain geek appeal to taming something so relentlessly unreasonable.

Slightly off topic regarding keeping track of the manual - I put the manual and relevant papers in a small zippered black pleather binder/portfolio (just took the manual into OfficeMax and went through the organizers section until I found a fit), then stuck it in the pocket behind the passenger seat. Those pockets aren't deep enough for much else, and once I had the zipper binder, it took up way too much space in the glove boxlet. This has served me quite well - it's out of the way in an otherwise limited utility space, yet still in easy reach, and the zipper case secures any cards, notes or papers that might otherwise get lost in some remote corner of the seat pocket.

Even more off topic but suggested by the above - if anyone figures out an actual use for those little hard plastic front door "pockets", please share your ideas - it might even be worth starting a thread! I guess they might be good for the old style folding paper maps, though I don't personally know anyone that carries those around any more.

I like the stock radio much more than I thought I would. I remember trying to figure out how to shut it off during my quick drive around the dealer's lot and ended up turning the volume down, shaking my head. I still want an Android carputer, though.

Since the glovebox is rather small in the i-MiEV, I left all of the car's documents in the bag for the EVSE in the basement. I'll find it eventually.

I keep napkins in the door pockets. Just yesterday, I took some of those napkins, rolled them up, and jammed them into the bottom of the pockets and some in the bottom of the door where the trim and metal meet. There was a small gap in each door that rattled at any bass hit. Not anymore! :mrgreen: :cool:

Back