What is this small box near back sear?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlhiowa

Near our driver's side rear seat, we noticed a box with a button, volume type icon, and roller/dial.

We don't see it in the diagrams for our owner's manual. We have an SE with Premium. Does anyone know what this is? :)

Y8X4Nb4.jpg

slN1hRL.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: Oops! Good catch RobbC, I meant driver's side, not passenger's side :)

I had actually noticed the same thing in my MiEV this morning as I was strapping my youngest daughter into her car seat. I was concentrating on the task at hand and forgot about the odd-looking "box". I hadn't thought about it again until I read your post. I just went and had a look while I was plugging in my "Meepster". Sure enough, it is exactly as pictured, except mine is installed upside down compared to yours and on the driver side behind the rear seat (although your photo seems to show it on the driver side, too). It has the volume control dial and an on/off push button. What the heck is this thing?

I also have the SE with premium package.

Do you have the rear park assist sensors installed? I'm wondering if that might be the sound box for the "beeping" noise from the sensors?!

Robb, you got it. It's the noise box for the parking sensors. If it's turned on, you should hear it beep when you put the car in reverse.

Yes, every time I shift into reverse, I hear a quick beep. I have gotten used to that and now assume that it is basically just a system check. However, the first few times it went off, I couldn't see anything in my backup camera and actually got out of my car to make sure there wasn't anything behind me!

Thanks guys,

I have my dealer chasing this too. They have no idea about the box as it isn't in their parts catalog. . . . I think I'll let them keep hunting for a bit. It seems a bit silly to have a hole cut through the interior for this ugly little box.

Nick

Back