So today, I ran into my first real problem with this car -- it wouldn't charge.
I ran it down to 9 miles RR, two bars, intending to do a calibration charge. Plugged it in to my OpenEVSE, and walked away. On a whim, I checked in three hours later, to find it stopped. WTF? I looked closer, and found it had only charged 1 kWh! So I tried unplugging and replugging it. That worked... for about two minutes; then it just stopped. There was no error message on the EVSE. I'd got about 0.1 kWh into it. Tried again, and it wouldn't even start charging. At this point I was wondering if my battery had suddenly gone bad... but maybe it was the EVSE? I tried rebooting that. No change, Finally, after running the radio and fan for a bit, I watched the process from inside the car. After a few minutes of normal charging, it briefly showed the "Electric motor unit warning light" (car with an exclamation point), and then shut down. Uh-oh.
Still, I wanted to rule out the EVSE, so I drove to the public charging station at the library, only a block from my house. And there... the car seemed to charge just fine. I only stayed a little over half an hour, but I got more charge than I'd got in all those hours on the OpenEVSE. So I came home and put it on the level 1 charger it came with, and that seems to be working fine, too. It's just too bad I don't have another EV to test against the OpenEVSE.
I should note that the OpenEVSE is running an alternate firmware called "NoSpark", and further, it's a version I've modified myself. But, I've already successfully charged hundreds of kWh with this version.
I haven't yet looked at caniOn while this is happening; I guess that's next.