Electric Vehicle Institute (EVI) charger compatible w iMiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pluto

I picked up one of these chargers (EVSE) last year with the L6-20 connector. Works great with my Chevy Volt

http://www.ev-institute.com/portable_products.html

I got an iMiEV this week and was expecting it to work, but it doesn't seem to. The screen on the unit says charging for 5-10 seconds then clicks off, then just says 'connected'. The amperage readout never goes above 0.42amp

The documentation I got with my car says it has all recalls done, apparently including one for EVSE compatibility?

Anything I can do to get this EVSE to work with the iMiEV? I like it because it is very small and portable.

Ouch! I'd be inclined to contact the manufacturer and see if they had done any compatibility testing with the i-MiEV. The only known problems with various L2 EVSEs and the i-MiEV has been Remote compatibility. The EVSE-related recall was for Clipper Creek compatibility.

I've been using an EVI L6-30 portable unit with our MIEV for nearly a year now. We only use it when traveling to charge at other houses from dryer sockets. Aside from occasionally turning off prior to completing a full charge, it does manage to juice up the car fairly well. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get the nearly identical ClipperCreek model at the similar price that is now available.

I'd recommend reaching out to EVI if you haven't already.

Back