Remotely related to Blink Level 2 at home

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

i have a Blink wired in to 240vac, and it is on my home wifi network.

i have discovered that when charging from the Blink, if i power up my Remote Climate Control and Charge Checker, the Blink immediately opens the contactor and stops the charging...? Or maybe it is the car telling it to stop, but i haven't entered any commands--just pressed the button to wake up the remote.

It doesn't do this with 120vac level 1 charging.

Has anyone else had a remote interaction with a Blink?

The remote is flaky with level 2. It works perfectly on level 1, though.

My remote seems to work on the ol' "third time's a charm". If I activate it on level 2 and try to preheat, I have to hit send three times for it to take, waiting for the error after the first two sends. The first send is an error, send two shuts off charging, and the third send activates preheating. If I go to preheat after the car is fully charged, it works on the first time, every time.

I've checked it with the remote while charging, and it never stopped completely, though it will pause like you've seen. Then again, I pretty much only use Eaton units. I think you may find it'll continue charging after the remote turns off.

Back