Nissan Leaf - Onboard charger (Wiring and Can messages)

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrueSoln

Hi,

Has any one manged to work out all the part to use the on-board charger in Gen1 ?
I managed to piece together a wiring diagram that shows how its wired up and added in plug info also.

This is wiring info
0000631_blogimages.jpeg

Most of it just about the Orange wires back to Junction box and to the Charging ports.
0000632_blogimages.jpeg

And then is has control wires that also link to thinks
0000633_blogimages.jpeg

So question im looking for is about
1) what sort of messages need for the CAN to and from the onboard charger
2) Do we need to liven up the battery controller and any other pin on that or junction box

This is Gen1, if have details about Gen2 great if you can share also as other will like it im sure

It looks like you are off to a great start with the wiring diagrams and connectors. i can help with tracing of the internal boards if needed.

But i would recommend that you get in contact with Dala the Great over in Finland. Daniel has excellent knowledge and skills with the Laef CAN buss.

He has a Github repo with software, and he has a business upgrading old laefs with larger battery packs, https://dalasevrepair.fi

Also take a look at his build thread, http://www.japtoys.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3613&sid=cbfb0691a2bca54d5246884689260cb4&start=75

I'm interested in repurposing a 6.6 kW ZE1 Nissan Leaf OBC/DC to DC, part number 292C0-5SH1B, in my Mitsubishi i-MiEV to replace the 3.6 kW on-board charger/DC to DC converter. I'm not sure what CAN messages each will require to function, but I suspect it may need something like Dala's CAN bridge to potentially translate between the two. I believe there would also need to be an uprated fuse added to the i-MiEV's MBC, but I'm not sure how much input it can take on that feed in.

Did you get very far looking at the older OBC/DC to DC?

Thanks

Jamie

The older version only has the OBC function and the DCQC control; the DC/DC Converter is in the HV junction box. i have not looked in detail at the second gen units but they do seem to be more compact and integrated, smaller housing, less weight, etc. i think someone on the diy electric car forum has figured out how to successfully operate the OBC. There was discussion also on the my nissan laef forum.

Back