Citroen C Zero (iMiev) Repair

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easky15

Hello all, I am here in need of some help trying to repair this charging board from a 2009 citroen c zero, So far I can see that F701 has blown open and a few of the plastic bases on the smd coils on the top board have melted due to excess heat, also on the main board the 2 ceramic resistors have completely blown and cracked apart, the 2 blue snubber caps look fine but i want to replace them for 6kv ones to be safe,

I bought a desoldering gun just for this job to make it easier and now I have the waffle off plate with no damage, Also have all the potting compound removed from the components needing replaced in the doghouse. When removing the larger ceramic resistor R105 a piece of solder caused a trace to slightly lift but nothing that can't be fixed easily,

Here is a link to a google drive folder with all the related pictures
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FzvQCT5Ydkf5JHW3b547jEiLObPikOqa

Here is a few questions I have so far,

1. Where is the 20 AMP fuse in the MCU located so i can test it? Is it the glass fuse that looks like its full of sand F102? If so its not blown, Also F103 glass fuse on top board is not blown.

2. How to i test the waffle plate with my multimeter?

3. Where is the best place to buy all the required components? Id rather quality over low price, I live in N. Ireland (UK)

Related posts on another thread from kiev

"i think the F701 fuse blew and shut down the 3.3V supply and the IC701 microcontroller. This turned off the base or gate drive for some transistor on the top board that controls the 5V drive for the AC relay coil in the doghouse on the bottom board. This caused the AC path to run only thru the ceramic resistors and caused them to blow. Coil L702 is in the path of this switched 12V that is on that fuse circuit."

Easky15 said:
Here is a few questions I have so far,

1. Where is the 20 AMP fuse in the MCU located so i can test it? It's below the little cover plate of the MCU, see page 1 of the OBC thread for links to pictures

2. How to i test the waffle plate with my multimeter? See the schematic on page 45 of the OBC thread with diode voltage drops

i had forgotten that you posted in the OBC thread when you sent me a PM, but your's is a different type of failure from those we have commonly seen.

Related posts on another thread from kiev

"i think the F701 fuse blew and shut down the 3.3V supply and the IC701 microcontroller. This turned off the base or gate drive for some transistor on the top board that controls the 5V drive for the AC relay coil in the doghouse on the bottom board. This caused the AC path to run only thru the ceramic resistors and caused them to blow. Coil L702 is in the path of this switched 12V that is on that fuse circuit."

Back