DBMandrake

Re: Fuel gauge vs tortoise

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:52 am

Hi,

You can check my blog over on frenchcarforum.co.uk, starting at this post:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 71#p624171

You'll need to register on the forum to read threads in the blog section.

One mistake I made during my cell swap was to attempt the swap when the pack was at 20% SoC. I would recommend that you do the cell swap with all the (good) cells fully charged to 4.1 volts, and also charge the replacement cell to 4.1 volts before fitting using a Lithium Ion cell charger.

Please be extremely careful when jacking the car up to make sure it is stable and also working with the high voltages. Even with the link plug removed from the battery pack once the cover is off there is still a risk of electrocution if you touch between different parts of the pack that have have a potential difference of more than about 50 volts.
- Simon

EV: 2011 Peugeot Ion
ICE: 1997 Citroen Xantia V6

pbui19

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:00 pm

I recall a post by ikiev, may be in the OBC trouble-shooting thread, with a reference to a user-manual page, saying that it's not recommended to disconnect the aux for over a month. If so, the computer has to be re-learn, something about the pack status.

vh2q

Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Thanks for that. I may have more than one problem. No way to modify bmu variables as I don't have Mut, only hobdrive. BMU may be confused in addition to bad cell

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”