I-miev charging problem/ won't charge

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchislii

Hi to all,

I'm new on this forum and I have some problems with my I-miev, that it won't charge.
My problem is like that: I've put the car to charge [(i can hear the contactors on the battery place switching) contactors was replaced with new one] and the relays under the hood also are switching. When i plug the charger into car socket it shows me that is charging, but just aprox 10 seconds and after this it stops (i can also hear the contactors switching), uppon this time on dashboard the charge light is blinking. I have already check the precharge resistor, everything it's ok as it shows on the resistor 58ohm (measured). With car diagnosis i haven't any DTC's.
Do someone had the same problem ?

Thank you!

Sorry for my bad english :).

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear of your charger issue. Unfortunately too many folks have experienced this same exact problem.

Most of the time the 20A fuse inside the MCU has blown, and this damages some snubber capacitors or more within the chargger unit. See the troubleshooting thread for details.

Troubleshooting On-board Chargger

Hi kiev,

thank you for reply. I saw that you're trying to help a lot on this forum.
After some checking in the car i found this blown resistor https://we.tl/t-g85kSyhtwJ.
I will try to replace it and i hope that this was the problem with charging.

Regards!

Back