Dead Onboard Charger in Portugal

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footswitch

Hey everyone. My internal charger just gave up so... nice to meet you all. Haha
Very surprised about the reported charger temps.
Also, do you know the legend of the man who fixed the internal charger? I've heard it's posted somewhere in this forum.
Thanks.
Not sure yet, but if the price is anywhere near 4000 USD, I might just buy a 10kW CHAdeMO charger.

Howdy footswitch, welcome to the forum.

We do know the legendary man that repaired his charger, skylogger is his forum handle:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4079&start=100#p36977

What year is your car?

If you have chademo then you are in better shape than some folks, at least you will be able to charge the pack.

Hi kiev, [EDIT: thanks for the link]
Mine is from Oct-2012.
Bought it on Dec-2015 with 8000km.
Since then I normally charge @ 3,3kW on the street, with no shade.
Now it's 87.500km.
Unfortunately I don't have any CHAdeMO chargers nearby, so I can't really drive it until it's fixed.
Used functioning cars cost about 8-9k €
Can't seem to find any salvaged ones. I'm in Portugal.
I'm considering all options right now. Certainly wouldn't pay more than 1500€ for a brand new internal charger.

I opened up this new thread for footswitch as these posts had been in the charger cooling thread.

Footswitch, very awkward situation for you, as Mitsubishi's prices for the onboard chargers are atrocious. I'm hoping that kiev and his team will continue their progress in repairing the darn things, and in the meantime we're scrambling looking for other alternatives. The good news is that the chargers are not VIN locked, so swapping in a used one has been shown to work.

Back