This thread will be used to document the technical information and any schematics or firmware available to help troubleshoot and repair the OBC/Converter.
There seems to be many failures reported lately (last 6 months or so), so maybe it's time to figure out what is happening and come up with a lower cost solution. i started a photo album with pictures related to this box, https://imgur.com/a/lUtGrwT
also all my imgur pictures are found at: https://kennybob.imgur.com/
List of recent failures in reverse order, later near the top:
13. skylogger, not charging in Western Australia, found blown surface mount capacitors viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4079&p=36606#p36598
12. beeline, 6/18, 2012 not charging, dealer estimates $4800+taxviewtopic.php?f=9&t=4090#p36450
11. mikedufty, 3/18, 2010 Australian model not charging fully, charger was replaced under recall.viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=80#p36430
10. 1pk, intermittent charging level 1 and 2, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4087#p36429
9. Lic, 4/18, getting condenser timeout error P1A15, no main(+) contactor indicationviewtopic.php?f=23&t=3897&start=30#p35523
8. jray3, 6/18, Mr. Bean dc converter not working, blown 20A fuse in the inverter viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4075#p36303
7. luvmymiev, 6/18, category:bad chargers for $4000--The question is: What did the dealer find?viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4077#p36317viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=80#p36294
6. electronpusher, 6/18, car not charging in New South Wales, blown resistors near AC relay, link to discussion is here:viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4067#p36204
5. Antaris, 3/18, service manager says the on board charging unit has failed.viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3897&start=10#p35303
4. fresnomiev, 3/16, dealer replaced charger while troubleshooting by parts swapping, issue was MCU inverter.viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2964&start=20#p26537
3. pluto, 2/18, code 39 OBC, abnormal PFC voltage,viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=70#p35286
2. Sbess, 10/17,dealer says bad chargerviewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=60#p34320
1. TorranceMiEV, not charging
Nov 28, 2017. iDriver, charger fuse in MCU blown viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3897#p34558
Just for the record, mccluer had a very early report of charger failure back in 2012viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=10#p4190
also DonDakin in 2013viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=50#p12706
also Malm, 3/2016viewtopic.php?f=22&t=684&start=60#p26500
Index for this topic is in post #2.
Here is a picture with the cover open, note scorch marks on inside cover and the full exposure of the tops of the electrolytic capacitors (credit to coulomb for pointing out this indicator of high temperatures):
Here is a wiring diagram just to get started, will post a charger schematic after it gets traced and drawn up.