sound of warming fan for battery?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerHalifax

I'm hearing a somewhat annoying (I'm used to the quiet!) rather high sounding hum from the rear of the car this morning.
The temp. here in Halifax was around 0C last night. Is this the sound of the battery warming fan, or do I need to take it
in to the dealer to have it checked out?
Thanks,
Roger 2014 iMiev owner since April

i would guess it is the motor control unit in the rear of the car.

Do you hear this all the time when the car is READY, or only while driving?

RogerHalifax said:
It makes the sound all the time, even on Ready. It is new today, hadn't heard it before.

huh? All the time--when the key is out or off. Plugged in to charge? Got to be more specific and accurate in your description.

If you hear it during charging then it may be the recirculation pump. Shouldn't be anything on or running when the key is out and not plugged in to charge.

Here are the normal operating sounds of the i-MiEV. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the circulation pump. It cycles regularly while the car is READY or charging.

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2948

Thanks for the link. It does sound much like the circulation pump -- strange thing is, I had never heard it before, and it seems to be running all the time.

Back