12 Volt battery is failing, I'm looking for replacement

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should work fine - You'll have to work out the mounting details as it's much smaller than the OEM battery. It's AGM so it should last you a long time

Don

Hi,

I went for a free 27 point inspection at a Mitsubishi dealership.

They found that the battery failed the test and that the car needs a new one.

My question is: Can I wait until the battery light comes on the dashboard before I change the battery?

The battery showed just under half voltage on the test result. They want $225 for the battery and installation.

Your comments make think I could find other batteries for less money. However I've never installed a car battery.

Aaron

I wouldn't wait - I would drive it home from the dealership and find a replacement ASAP - Certainly within the next few days. If you don't it may leave you stranded one day and that's not something you want to happen

There are lots of ways to go here. Reread this thread, find what you want and get it done. Worst case, you'll buy an OEM size replacement and change it out yourself for about half what your dealer wanted to replace it

Don

To pbui19:

Check out the "post type" and the orientation of the + and -.
I think it's a bit different from the OEM and may need quite a retrofit.

Good Luck,
Joe

Back